He Didn't Want To Live Anymore? - Hanagaki Takemichi

Just warning that I don't know how it feels to have depression, or any kind of suicidal thoughts. Please seek for help if you have any of these, for there always be there someone to listen and help you.

You're not alone. Remember that.

"I don't want to live anymore."

Those words hit you as if he had slapped you with all his strength. The air flew out of your lungs and you had problems breathing again, as the words he had muttered through tears kept on repeating on your head.

"I don't want to live anymore."

"I don't want to live."

"W-Wha..." You babble, too shocked to say anything coherent. You try to gather your thoughts, try to make sense of the words.

How could the bright, cheerful boy you had known since elementary school say those words?

Takemichi wasn't crying now. He just had this saddened expression on his face, and he never looked so exhausted to you as he did now.

"What happened?" You ask softly, sitting in his bed, leaving little distance between you two.

He glances at you, before fixing his eyes on the ground, his hands clutching the bed sheets underneath him. He stays silent for a long moment, before he opens his mouth to speak, his voice low and sad.

"You know... how shaking hands with Naoto allows me to travel back in time?" You nod. "Well, the thing is... I'm tired of... seeing all of you die in front of me." His voice broke in the last words as he sobbed, and your heart sank.

"Wha... What do you mean?" You softly ask. "I thought that had happened once."

"T-That's what I told you all... But in truth, I have seen you all die many times. Each time I went back, I just... pretended nothing happened and went on, changing what needed to be changed."

"B-But why would you do that?!" You say as you raises your tone, perplexity written all over you. Takemichi looks at you, not understanding your reaction.

"What?"

"Why wouldn't you say anything?! I would have listened, I would have comforted you if you had told me what you were going through." You close your fists, before holding one of his hands on your own, "I... I can't imagine what it was like for you... to see us die again and again... I wouldn't have been able to handle losing you even once."

He squeezes your hand as Takemichi lets tears roll down his cheeks, before he throws himself at you, burying his face in the crook of your neck. You wrap your arms around him, wanting to never let him leave, to make him stay in the safety of your arms.

"You're so strong, Tamekichi... But you don't need to protect us like this. If we learn that we died in another world, then we'll just work harder in the next one. Your power give us a chance to come out victorious. It give us an opportunity to live." You holds his face in your hands, looking straight into his eyes.

"It gives me the opportunity to live with you."

Takemichi stares into your eyes, those pretty eyes that were glistening with unshed tears. He had never thought about his power in that way. If he hadn't it, he would have lost you a long time ago.

He was overwhelmed by all the feelings within him: sadness, despair; but now, with your words, somehow there was happiness.

Takemichi was confused. When he awoke, his mind was clear; but now it was a jumble of thoughts.

"Whenever you feel bad... Just speak to me." You murmur, caressing his hair. "I will always, always listen."

Takemichi cries as he hugs you close to his chest, wanting to feel your comfort, your warmth. You were here, you were alive, thanks to him. Thanks to his power.

It was a cruel at times. But it was also a blessing. Takemichi never thought something could be both.

"Do you feel better?" You whisper in his ear. He was holding you tightly.

"Yes." He answers, leaning his forehead on your shoulder. "But... My mind won't change just like that. I still feel depressed and-"

"I know." You say as you pull away a bit, holding his cheek with your hand. He gazed into your eyes, never wanting to see them closed to never open again.

"But I'll be here for you. Because I love you, Takemichi, and I can't bear the thought of losing you."

I'm sorry for being so irregular when updating, but school just makes it harder