You Were Having Twins? - Baji Keisuke

Based on episode 11 of season 10 of "Modern Family"

"Twins." You repeat, completely shocked. You were sure you had heard it wrong.

"Indeed." The doctor says happily, not noticing the distress attached to your tone. "There are two heartbeats."

"That can't be." You shake your head. "That's twice the number of babies I was expecting!" Your expression changes. "Two babies?! That means... That means the double of everything we were expecting! The double of clothes, materials, food, money, university, the double of expenses!" You start to ramble, eyes lost, worry plastered on your face. "Oh God, how are they gonna fit in here?! How am I gonna raise two kids at once? What if I can't give them enough attention? What if I suck at being their mom? What if they hate me? What if..."

Without you noticing, Baji had waved the doctor away, whispering he would handle the situation. Then, he turned to you, watching you freaking out on your own, the nerves finally getting to you.

Gently, he places his hand on your belly, and his expression turns to one of faked displeasure. "Now, now, children, you are not even out yet, and your father is already a bit disappointed."

You slowly grow quiet, your eyes returning to focus as they land on your husband. What was he doing?

"Keisuke? What is it?"

He continued to look at your belly. "You can't worry your mother like that! Yes, you are more than we were expecting, but we'll handle it. On this family, we face challenged head-on! But there is something she's forgetting, isn't there?" He pauses for a moment, leaning his ear to your belly, as if he was hearing something. He nods, and then smiles, finally looking up at you.

"Twice the babies means twice of the love." Baji explains, holding your hand and intertwined your fingers. "They'll love you, (Y/N). You'll be their world, and you will ace it."

Your eyes widen, and then turn soft, looking at Baji lovingly. You felt so grateful and blessed to have him by your side, to have him as the father in this new stage of life.

"That's true." You say, smiling, moving your thumb along the back of his hand. "We'll have a lot of love in our home."

"I'm really glad you are their father." You continue, warmly.

He grins cockily. "Was there even another option? It's always been me."

You make a smug expression. "Hmm, I don't know. If (favorite male celebrity) suddenly showed up saying he wanted to father my children, I might have hesitated with you."

Baji leans in, so close you could feel his breath on your nose. He raises an eyebrow. "Oh? Is that so?" His gazes move to your lips, and he stretches out a hand to run his thumb along your lips. Your heart beats faster.

Even all these years, his touch still makes my heart race. You think as he connects your lips, kissing you passionately. You kiss him back just as much, loving every second, loving him.

He pulls away after a while, still close. "No one loves you more than I do, (Y/N)." He whispers. "I would kick that celebrity's ass if he got any funny ideas."

You giggle, touching his cheek. "I would like to see that."

He makes a small smile. "Whatever the future hold for us, (Y/N), we'll overcome it. Because we're just that good."