You Played Video Games With Him? - Hanagaki Takemichi

"Takemichi? What are you doing in my room?" You ask as the door slides open, revealing a yellow-haired boy sitting on your couch, playing some video game in the TV.

He looks at you briefly before returning his attention to the game. "Oi (Y/N), come and play with me, in teams is more fun. I tried to convince Akkun too but he was too busy."

You sigh as you plop yourself onto the couch, grabbing the other remote. "You didn't answer my question, Takemichi."

"Your TV is better than mine."

"It's exactly the same."

"It's bigger."

"The same size."

"It has better graphics."

"The game is the same!" You exclaim as you giggle a bit.

Takemichi smiles. "I don't know... I just prefer playing here."

You glance at the boy before accepting his request to play in teams. "Okay then... Let's kill some monsters!"

"YOSHA!"

*

"Man, we make a great team, Takemichi!" You smile as Victory appears on the screen.

You turn around, lifting your fist towards Takemichi, expecting him to bump his in yours.

But the boy just stared at you.

"W-What?" You asks, beginning to worry a little.

"You look really pretty with the sunset behind you." Takemichi says bluntly, his gaze never wavering, blushing lightly.

Meanwhile, you blush profoundly at the boy's words, your heart starting to race.

"W-What are you saying? Where d-does this come from?" You stutter, avoiding looking at him.

"I just felt like saying it. It's not a lie though."

"You m-must have eaten something strange from the canteen." You get up. "A-Anyway, it's almost night, you should be going before it gets dark."

He grabs your wrist. "(Y/N)..." You look at him, blushing slightly. "After... after junior high, I have something to tell you."

"After we graduate?"

"Yes. Right now, I want to focus on helping Toman, and make a good captain. And then... then I will say it."

Nothing could hide your surprise from Takemichi unusual serious tone. "O-Okay, then."

He nods and walks towards the door, turning around as he flashes a smile that melt your insides.

"We have to play again! It's more fun when we are together."