You Were The Time-Leaper? - Sano Manjiro

SPOILERS for the last arc of "Tokyo Revengers"!

Where am I even going to find him?

It had been more than a week since you had come back to the past, and you weren't any closer to finding clues to Mikey's whereabouts. No one except those in Kanto Manji Gang knew their headquarters and it wasn't as if they would be willing to give that information.

I have to save him. I have to prevent him from ending like that.

You didn't understand how that was possible. When you left, you two had just started dating, and he had promised he would secure a bright future for you, that you would be happy. But when you got back, you two weren't together anymore, and you were engaged to someone else - a kind, honest man, but he wasn't Mikey.

And then you found out what he had become. You couldn't believe your eyes when you two met again, in the bowling ring: he was so skinny, his eyes dead, he looked exhausted. And then he had shot you. You still remembered the pain, still had nightmares about it.

You shake your head, wanting those thoughts away. He wasn't in his right state of mind. He tried to kill himself, he didn't know what he was doing. He would never kill me... right?

And then, just a little up head, you glimpse a cream-colored hair flying in the breeze, the body walking without a care in the world, munching on a yakisoba. He disappears around the corner

Your heart skips a bit and you find yourself running. You round the corner, panting slightly.

"Mikey!" You call, wanting to believe. The person stops, and turns around.

He stops munching, grabbing the snack with a hand. He looked slightly confused, maybe surprised. "(Y/N)?"

You had wandered what you would feel once you became face to face with him again. Maybe pity, maybe love, maybe determination to do what you needed.

But now... now you only feel rage and anger. Before you could think, you were already moving, closing the distance between you two quickly, jumping to knock him over. It only worked because he wasn't expecting. Your legs were trapping him in place.

"What are you do-" You don't let him finish as you punch him in the face. He shut up immediately, of course.

You continue to punch him, one cheek at the time. You weren't very strong, so it was probably not doing much damage, but you kept on raising and falling your fists, wanting him to suffer, just as you had.

Then, he raises his arms and grabs your wrists, parting them, so your arms were spread in different directions.

"What's that ab- Hey, stop!" He orders as you start to shake yourself away from him, wanting to punch him some more.

"(Y/N), WHY ARE YOU-" Mikey stops as he feels something on his cheek. His eyes widen as he sees you crying, now shaking from the sobs. You looked so sad, so desperate, it tugged on some forgotten corner of his heart. Woah. It's been a while since I felt like this. He thinks.

"Why?!" You shout, tears falling. "Why... Why did you lie? That future wasn't great at all!" His eyes widen, realizing who you were. "Everyone was okay and alive and happy! They all had plans! Everything was fine!"

You look hard at him, anger raising again. "So why are you not part of it?! We were supposed to be together! We were... We were..." You sob. "Mikey... I love you. So... So... I came to save you."

His expression hardens. His eyes look more void than when I left. "You shouldn't have. I told you, I would protect your future and everyone else's. Apparently, I did that, so why are you back?"

"WHY?" You shout, rage raging. "YOU REALLY THINK I WOULD LET YOU BECOME LIKE THAT? YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID? YOU KILLED ME! YOU FUCKING KILLED ME!"

Mikey blinks, eyes widening, and for the first time in your life you see a mix of surprise and shock on his face. "I what?"

"And then you tried to kill yourself!" Tear were falling again. His grip looses, and you lower your arms together with him. You didn't feel like fighting again. "You looked so dead, Mikey... You really think that's the future I wanted?"

He just stares at you, eyes huge. He wasn't moving, neither were you, and you just looked at him desperately.

Then, you lift a hand, reaching out to his cheek. He doesn't react to the contact, not only until you start rubbing your thumb lightly, lovingly.

"I'll get the future I want." You affirm, eyes never leaving his. "And that future includes you by my side, Mikey. Healthy, happy, together with everyone. They all miss you."

"(Y/N)... " His voice is rough, as if he's having trouble finding the words. "Did you not see the video? I-"

"I saw." You interrupt, pulling your hand away. You roll so you are sitting next to him. "I... I can't say I understand what you are going through. But it's a problem, and the first step is to ask for help. And Mikey," You gaze over to him, eyes softening. "You have so many people who want you happy and good. It's not a weakness to ask for help. It's a strength. Stop shouldering everything by yourself." You cup his cheeks and lean in, so you two are very close. You heart is beating fast. His skin is cold. "I will help you. I promised your future self, and I'm promising to you now. I will help you." You repeat.

You feel him trembling slightly underneath your hands. He was trebling like this when he asked for help.

Mikey's eyes look as if they had gained a little bit more of light as he says, voice almost breaking. Just like at that time. Yes, Mikey, show me how you feel. I want to know.

"I... I... Help me, (Y/N)." A tear rolls down his cheek and you fight the urge to wipe it off. "I want to have a future with you... With all of you."

You throw your arms around him, embracing him tightly. You feel his hands slowly wrap around your back, his grip not very strong. But it was something.

"Of course I'll help. I love you."

There was a moment of silence before you hear in your ear:

"I love you too. Sorry for killing you, though."