You Were Asexual? - Baji Keisuke

Where are my asexual pals at?

WARNING: Mature themes (I guess?)

"You should go talk to him!" Mira says as she elbows you, looking excited, as she discretely looked across the classroom to where a group of boys were chatting.

You frown. "To whom?"

She rolls her eyes. "To Baji-san, of course! He's handsome and cool and even works at a pet shop. I think you would like him."

Immediately a feeling of dread creeps inside you, freezing your body. You start to fidget your hands, suddenly nervous and uncomfortable.

"O-Oh.. right, right. Well, he may be cool, but I don't think he's my type."

"You say that of everyone!" Mira protests, slouching against her chair, hands in the air. "It's our final year at high school and never once did I see you with an interest in someone. Don't you feel like you should have, I don't know... dated someone? Just for the experience?" Mira had had a few affairs, all of them casual that ended in good terms. She was so different from you, and she was genuinely curious about your behavior.

You shrug. "I'm actually happy with the way I led these years." And that was true. "I don't think having dated would have made them happier."

"But don't you want, like, how do I say this... Know what having a boyfriend is like? The relationship? The make-out?" Her eyes were twinkling, probably remembering her times.

You let out a small sigh. How to explain to her that you simply weren't interested in such things? How to explain that liked the idea of romance, but to actually go forward with someone you didn't know scared you to hell? It was more than scared – it made you uncomfortable.

You smile politely, disguising your feelings. "I don't know. It just sounds like a lot of work." You laugh at the end to make it seem like you were joking, even though you weren't.

Mira then starts chatting about something she saw on tv, and you barely listen her, letting your eyes drop to the boy Mira had pointed. He was laughing of something his friends said – Chifuyu, you remembered – and it was true, he looked cool and easy-going. But that was not enough for you to make a move. It had never been.

*

You decided to get a part-time job and ended up working at a pet shop near your house. Coincidentally, it was the same Baji worked on, and you thought it was a strange, but curious situation.

You quickly became friends, much thanks to Baji, since he was so relaxed and fun, much different from the aura he emitted. You two would talk about various things, telling each other stories and facts, falling in love with the animals on the shop and the ones that came with their owners, sometimes even studying together.

Four months had now come and gone, and surprisingly, you were always happy to go to work, to be in his company. You liked to talk to him, or even just be silent with him, and those hours on the shop were always something to look forward to.

Eventually, you realize that you had a crush on him. It was strange, really, since you had never had one before. But it was the only possible explanation, the one that made sense of what you were feeling.

You had a crush. But again the feeling of dread washed over you when you thought about going forward. It was scary and made you nervous and you really didn't want to do anything about it. You were sure things would go badly, because you just didn't fall for guys, you had to be friends, and if things fell apart with him then you would lose a good friend, and you didn't want that.

But then Baji asked you out, which surprised you, and you found yourself saying yes, even though you spent the rest of the days until the date imagining all the things that could go wrong.

*

It did not go wrong. It went great, and the second one as well, and the third, and suddenly you two had been dating for five months.

You were now on your pool, alone, watching the sunset. Your head was in his shoulder, his head resting on yours and you feel peaceful and calm.

But then he moves and you two are now kissing, more and more passionately, and now you are in his lap, straddling him, hand on his neck and his hands on your back. You feel your heart beat faster, and that so-familiar feeling in your gut starts growing, and you find yourself slowing down, hands now floating in the water around you. You look away, ashamed, and start to get off, but Baji keeps you in place, makes you look at him.

His eyes showed concern, and he places a strand of hair behind your ear, hands making calming circles on your arms.

"What's wrong, (Y/N) ?" He whispers, sad and confused. "You know I love you. I would never, ever, do something you're not comfortable with. But every time we start to..." His cheeks get redder, and he looked embarrassed – which was always a very cute thing to see. "To go further, you get tense and anxious. You never really have the initiative... w-which is fine, of course, but just... Is... Is it because of me? Did I do something?" He looks away. "Don't you want me?"

You run your hand through his hair, wanting to scream that wasn't the issue. You loved him with your heart, and you wanted to make him happy. He deserved an explanation.

"Keisuke, I..." You place your hands on his cheeks to make him look at you, trying hard to sustain his gaze. "Lately, I have been doing some research on... on asexuality. And I think that's me."

"Asexual?" He frowns, confused. "Wasn't that the animals that don't need a partner to procreate?"

You laugh, finding it hilarious his chain of thoughts. The heavy air became lighter, and you find yourself smiling as you play with his hair. "Yes, but that isn't what I mean. What I was saying is that... I don't really feel sexual attraction. Towards anyone."

Out. Finally, the words you had been struggling to get out of your mouth were now said, and you feel a weight coming off your shoulders.

"You don't feel sexual attraction?" Baji repeats, trying to wrap his mind over it. "Does that mean you don't like me?" He sounded sad.

"NO!" You quickly say, shaking your head furiously. "That isn't it at all! I love you, Keisuke. I just... do not feel the need to go any further with you when we are together."

He looks down, rubbing circles on your back. "Do I make you uncomfortable?" His voice was quiet, and your heart breaks a little.

"No, Baji. How do I say this... If it were anyone else, I would be nauseated, I guess?, to be like this with them. Especially with someone I barely know. But when it's you..." You take his hands in yours and kiss his knuckles. "I don't mind being touched. I like it. I may not feel the need to go further, but I do like the way you make me feel."

You lean, kissing his shoulder. Baji shivers beneath your hands, and you feel his control slipping away. I guess I am provoking him, you think with a small smile.

"I want you so much, (Y/N)." He whispers, pulling you closer for a hug. "You have no idea. But I do not want to do something that you-"

You silence him with a gentle kiss, intertwining your hands with his. After a few seconds you pull away, touching his forehead with yours.

"I do not mind, Baji. You're the only person I could ever think about doing it with."

Those words were his breaking point. You laugh, surprised, when he gets up from the pool, splashing water everywhere, and takes you into his arms, kissing you, before heading into the house.

"My knight." You joke, feeling nervous, yes. Butsomewhat excited as well.