You Cancelled The Date? - Matsuno Chifuyu

"I'm sorry, Chifuyu, but I can't meet you today." You say as you pat the baby's back, your phone between your ear and shoulder.

"Oh." You could picturing him frowning, playing with this hair. "What happened?"

"My aunt just appeared at my house, saying she had to take care of some urgent business, and had no one to leave the baby with. I couldn't say no." You explain, you voice soft. The baby, names Naomi, burps and you smile. "That's the way, Naomi! Very good."

Chifuyu coughs, as to remind you he was still there, and you laugh. "Sorry. But I really can't." You look at Naomi, at her big eyes and cute mouth. "This little devil will keep me busy all day."

"It's okay, I understand." He says, voice soft. "Well, then, bye!"

Before you could reply, he had already hung up. You frown at the phone. Did he get mad? But I really couldn't meet him. He wouldn't like if I just brought the baby along.

You place Naomi on her crib, and you look her in the eyes. She looks back at you, and smiles and giggles and you heart melts for her. You touch her nose.

"You cost me a date with a cute boy. At least you're cuter than him, aren't you? Aren't you, my sweetie?" Your voice turned higher-pitched, the tone you used with animals and children.

15 minutes later there was a ring on the bell and a knock on the door; you get up from the sofa, taking Naomi with you and you look through the little hole in the door. Your eyes widen as your heart skips a bit.

You open the door, still thinking you must have seen it wrong, that it wasn't him. And then he speaks.

"Hi." Chifuyu greets with a smile.

You blink, completely surprised. "Chifuyu?"

"That's my name."

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to help you." He scratches his neck, glancing at you. "And be with you, along the way."

You feel your cheeks warm slightly, and warmth spreads through you. You smile happily. "You don't have to. I'm sure you have better thing to do."

He shrughs. "I was to be with you today anyway. I don't really care how I spend that time." He moves his gaze to Naomi, who had started to reach with her little arms to him. "And you must be Naomi. Hi, I'm Chifuyu."

The baby giggles, as if she understood, and Chifuyu's smile gets bigger.

You open the door, gesturing for him to come in. He takes of his shoes, saying a greeting, before he goes to your living room. He knew his way around, it wasn't the first time he came to your house.

As Chifuyu watched you with the baby, all smiles and eyes shining with love, he couldn't help but think of how motherly you looked. Of how would it be if you were an actual mother. An actual mother with him, a baby from both of you-

He stops and shakes his head before he goes any further, blushing at his own thoughts.

You place Naomi on the ground, letting her pick up some dolls, and watch as she bumps their heads together.

"Is she trying to make them kiss? Or to kill each other?" Chifuyu asks he slumps to the sofa. You sigh as you sit by his side, your side pressed to his.

"Who knows?"

Chifuyu opens his mouth to say something, but Naomi crawls to where you were, and points her dolls at you two, and then moves them in the air.

You cock you head. "What is it?"

She makes the gesture again, and then moves her arms to the space between the table and the TV.

"I think she wants us to role-play." Chifuyu says, his head also cocked, trying to make sense of the baby.

"Role-play?" You repeat. Naomi smiles and you raise your eyebrows in appreciation. "Aren't you a smart girl now? You have us right where you want."

You get up, already imagining a story in your head, before you glance at Chifuyu. "Do you mind? It's fine if you don't want to."

He shakes his head as he gets up, a small smile on his lips. "Not at all. It's finally time to let my acting skills shine."

You bump your fist in his arm. "What acting skills? Please."

You two move so you are in front of the baby, and you quickly tell Chifuyu your plan. He makes a confused look. "Why do I have to be the damsel in distress?"

"You're not gonna be the damsel in distress, you're gonna be the gentleman in distress. And I'm gonna be the hero."

"But why? It's the other way around."

You smirk, placing your hands on your hips. "Yeah, but I'm raising a feminist, all right? It's time to rewrite those stories."

Your eyes were twinkling with mischief, obviously enjoying doing this to him.

Chifuyu was weak to you. The idea really didn't appeal to him, but he did it anyway. He would do anything for you.

"Oh, please, someone! Someone save from the monster!" He shouts, placing his hand on his forehead dramatically.

"Don't worry!" You say as you jump to the scene with un umbrella in hand. "I'll save you!" You point at Naomi, who was paying the most utmost attention. "Because anyone can be a hero!"

The baby claps as you 'hit' the monster, which consisted in a mountain of pillows. You huff and grunt from the 'effort', until finally the pillows come cascading down in each other.

You wipe your forehead with your hand. "Oof, that was hard, but it is done. Now you're safe!" You make Chifuyu a thumbs-up, smiling.

He claps his hands, you press your lips together to avoid laughing. "Oh, thank you, thank you so much! I owe you my life. What could I possibly do to reward you?"

You shake your hand. "A hero doesn't need rewards. Doing a good deed is enough."

He comes closer. "Oh, but I have the perfect reward."

You raise an eyebrow, wondering what it was. "Ah... Okay then, I won't say no. What is it?"

Instead of answering, Chifuyu cuts the distance between you two, circling your waist with his arm, and placing his lips on top of yours. Your eyes widen, your heart goes on a accelerated beating, and you find yourself kissing back.

You felt light and at peace, before you hear a giggling. Your eyes open and you quickly, but gently, push Chifuyu away, looking at Naomi, who was smiling and laughing and had fallen on the floor.

You rush over to her, ears red from embarrassment, as you pick her up and place her on her crib.

You glance at Chifuyu, who had a smug expression on his face. "Stop it." You murmur, not really wanting him to. "Think of what you are teaching the baby."

Chifuyu laughs quietly as he takes a few steps toward you, circling your figure from behind with his arms, placing his chin on your shoulder.

"I'm teaching her what love is like." He whispers in your ear.

Chifuyu is my best boy