𝖿і𝖿𝗍ᥱᥱᥒ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆

Começar do início

Ethan was sitting on the island chair on his phone.  I quietly walked up behind him, jamming my fingers into the sides of his torso.  He jumped up from the seat, turned around, and did a really bad, poorly formed "Kung fu" stance.  I stared at him, seeing him clear his throat and stand up in embarrassment.

"You are one weird human being," I said, walking around the island into the kitchen.  I heard him mumble something that I couldn't pick up on.

I rummaged through the cabinets, finding an old, unopened bag of popcorn.  I knew Faye and I wouldn't eat it, so I opened up the bag and dumped it in the bowl.

I walked back over to the couch and set the bowl down on the coffee table, and people immediately ate it.

My eyes widened at a sudden realization.

"No no no no no no no," I yelled, pacing around the room and pulling at my hair.

"What's up?" Kai asked, concerned.

"Cake!  It's a birthday and I forgot the cake!  What person forgets cake!?" I screamed in frustration.

"It's fine," Charlie said calmly.  "What kind of cake does she like?  I'll run to the closest store really back and get back as soon as I can."

"She doesn't," I said out of breath, "She doesn't really eat sugar.  Get whatever everyone else likes.  Thank you, seriously, you are saving me."

"It's fine Matteo.  I'll get whatever I can find.  I'll be back in 15."

"Okay," I nodded, "Thank you."

He closed the door, leaving me still a little on edge.  I ignored the feeling and once again joined Matteo in the kitchen.  I sat on the stool on his left and stared at him.

"What do you want?" he asked, not looking up from his phone.

"I'm bored."

"Yay?  What do you want me to do?"

"Ughhh, you're so boring."

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the top box of pizza.  It was cheese, but pizza nonetheless.  I grabbed a piece, shoving it into my mouth.  I groaned as the greasy cheese hit my tongue.

Another buzz came from my pocket, this time a message to me and Kylie.

Izzie:

5 minutes

I sighed, knowing Charlie would be late, to my fault.

I ran up the stairs, going into my bedroom.  I rummage through the top drawer of my dresser, tossing aside socks.  I find the velvet box, looking inside to see the necklace I got Faye.  I began putting it in the small bag on my dresser before feeling yet another buzz in my pocket.  Not bothering to take it out, I continued putting the box in the bag.  Once in the bag, I grabbed the pieces of tissue paper and put them inside.

I heard yells come from downstairs and I could tell Faye was home.  I ran down the stairs to see everyone standing around Faye, giving her hugs and stuff.  I set the bag on the table and walked back over to the group.

"Happy birthday," I smiled

"Thank you.  And thank you for not going big."

"Didn't think you'd want that.  Charlie's out getting the cake right now, but we can gifts if you want to until then."  I saw her face slightly contort at the mention of Charlie getting the cake, but it was barely visible, so I didn't think much of it.  She nodded, sending me over to Ethan to help me grab the bags.  "Okay everyone in the living room!" I yelled.

Faye sat in the middle of the couch and I handed her the first bag, a small yellow one.  She read out the card from Briannah.  She took the contents out of the bag, revealing a nice perfume and some scrub thing.  I have no idea.

The next bag she opened was from Izzie.  It was a simple picture of Izzie, Faye, and Kylie, but a heartwarming gift.  Next was Kylie, and then Nathan.  Out of those were candles, soaps and lotions, face masks, and other random things.

My phone buzzed again, twice this time.  I immediately opened it up seeing the numbers.

??????

I'll be there in 5 minutes

I quickly responded and opened the other text

Charlie

I'm here

I stood up and walked towards the door, revealing Charlie walking up.  The cake was beautifully frosted.  He had the lid off, showing off all the perfect designs.

"You are a lifesaver," I told him, keeping the door open for him to walk inside.

Halfway through I heard a bang, and turned around to see Charlie on the floor with a faceful of cake.

Great.

QOTD: Do you have any nicknames?  If so, what are they?

Word Count: 1391