"Uh, uh?"

"Why are you so absent-minded? Is there something wrong with you?"

Bessie, who brought water and a white towel, spoke anxiously.

I knew I was enchanted by her voice so I could wake up from my blank mind.

"No, it's okay."

"Don't hide it, my lady. Then I'll be really angry."

"It's really alright. Well, I guess I'm a little half asleep. That's all."

I took a towel from Bessie, turning around.

Then I dipped my hands in the lukewarm washbasin, and what happened a few hours ago suddenly occupied my head.

"......"

"Oh, lady! Why have you slapped yourself all of a sudden? Why are you pinching yourself again!"

"No, it's nothing."

Rubbed my tingling cheeks and quickly started washing my face.

At first, though, I thought it would have been better if it was cold water, but I didn't say it because Bessie would nag at me.

I recalled the last few hours, splashing water on my face.

All I did in the room until dawn was to shut my mouth and roll around on the bed like a madman to keep my scream from leaking. And then when I am exhausted, I stop, then roll again when my energy gets back.

I repeated it all night. If anyone had seen it, they would have really thought that there's something wrong with my mind.

But there was a reason why I had to.

I couldn't believe he would do that.

'Honestly, it's still like a dream.'

When I asked Ash last night if I was still his sister, in fact, I didn't expect such an answer.

It's just, even though there's no blood in it, we've been together for a long time, so we're like a family.

Even if I'm not his sister, I think affection is similar since we've become familiar for a long time.

This was the hopeful answer I had drawn. And I thought I'd be happy if it happened. Because he does not despise and hates me. I thought that alone would be enough relief and happiness for me.

'Not anymore. And you won't be in the future.'

'I'm still a younger brother to you?'

'I hope not.'

The hand that was pouring water stopped.

My heart thumped. At the same time, my right hand was on edge. I wrapped the area carefully with my other hand.

Ash kissed the back of my hand.

Then he told me that I wasn't his sister anymore.

He even declared that he would not be my younger brother from now on.

I wouldn't not know what the words and actions meant after all. I couldn't help not knowing. How can I not know?

It's what I've been hoping for dozens, no, hundreds of more times.

I laughed at myself because I was so greedy that I couldn't let go of my expectations.

So I couldn't help noticing, and as soon as I knew, I couldn't believe it. It was unbelievable.

Would this be the feeling of a person's hope which became a reality, who thought it was only a vain delusion?

I was happy but it didn't feel real. I was constantly puzzled.