Chapter 45

The dreary, quilted hideout in the basement of an old building, now has become a gloomy grave where more than ten bodies have turned cold and rolled over.

Even after creating such a scene, the young man was not much agitated.

He looked down at the bandage on his left arm, which he had been careful all the time to prevent blood from splashing.

A voice flashed into his mind.

'You got your doctor's prescription, right? Don't strain yourself. Promise me.'

It was a clear voice with a soft echo, not matching, even a bit, with the place nor the landscape.

There was a smile at the mouth of the young man. It was quite different from his figures when he killed the men.

It was a smile that he might not even realize.

"Well, I didn't strain myself.."

The young man was the Duke of Widgreen.

And although he didn't know who the dead man was, he was the head of the largest dark organization in The Empire.

Ash turned around and slowly left the place.

In the windless underground tomb, only a stinky, bloody scent was engulfed.

***

"What?"

The eyes of a middle-aged man who received the report grew teary.

"All......dead?"

The right-hand man, who brought the news, bowed his head silently.

"Suddenly like this? They're all dead? With not a single one left?"

"As a result of checking the traces, it was one person's prosecution. The Duke seems to have stepped up himself."

The hand of a middle-aged man on the armrest flinched.

"Oh, my..."

A sense of bewilderment, embarrassment, stupor, disbelief.

The voice of a middle-aged man, mixed with such things, dropped.

the right-hand man thought.

'It's started.'

Sure enough.

"Oh, my God! Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!"

It's a mess!

Listening to the sound of all kinds of things being smashed and broken, he kept his eyes closed.

'His dog-like temper doesn't change over time.'

No, the dog might be better.

As soon as he thought so, a piece of broken glass hit the wall and brushed the right-hand man's cheek.

He could feel the blood dripping from the wound.

The right-hand man left it untouched and unexpressed.

He worked for years, wiping his opponent's back. This was already like a routine for him.

A middle-aged man, who had been wild once, soon hung on the sofa as if he was exhausted.

He opened his mouth.

"......Is there any possibility that The Duke knew that the client was me?"

"No, Nothing sir."

"Why?"

"As said at the beginning, we delivered the request through an intermediary agent. It would be the middle agent's name if the dead men blew it, and we didn't reveal any of our identities to the agent."