Chapter 43

"Didn't you say 'It's not like I can't use it' just now......"

"It's just bluffing."

As far as I can remember, Ash never blatantly said that he was bluffing...

I didn't answer back, so Ash continued his words.

"I'm telling you, it's a very useless poison, just a paralytic poison."

I don't know why Ash is reassuring and soothing me in this situation. It's Ash who got hurt.

I felt a little disheartened. Of course, since there was a perception that Ash was hurt because of me.

"Just let it bite me instead."

Although, I'm not really saying it like that, and Ash, who heard it clearly, made eye contact with me and said.

"If so, then this house caretaker and all the house servants will have to go."

"......"

"Do you want it to be like that?"

At this moment, Ash's last remark about the 'remainings' suddenly came to mind. The remainings except for me. If I got hurt then the other would die.

Oh, no.

I shook my head around. Come to think of it, isn't it the same as if for the sake of other people peace and stability, I need to save my body first, is it?

I shouldn't go around alone then...

I was thinking over the new realization when Bessie's voice broke in and evoked the topic.

"I'm glad the wound itself isn't deep anyway. No, why was there a snake in the garden in the first place? It's not even a butterfly or a frog."

That's right, that's what I want to ask too.

Did it come in from outside? That was the only possible reason. I don't think anyone raised it.

.....isn't it?

The old Flora's memory that passed through my head faltered, and at that moment the drawing-room door burst open.

"Aigoo! Your Excellency!"

It was Lucas.

"I've heard the word. You were bitten by a snake? God, it's all my fault. I don't understand why that kind......... It's my fault that I didn't take good care of the garden. I'm so sorry."

As soon as he entered the room, Lucas bowed so low that he could nearly touch the ground.

I deliberately ignored Lucas, who seemed to have a backache.

It may be technically unfair for me to blame Lucas for all the snakes in the garden, but somehow I didn't want to defend him now.

Maybe it's because I keep seeing the bandages around Ash's arm.

Ash calmly opened his mouth to Lucas, who apologized to me repeatedly.

"You're so lucky, Viscount."

"Yes?"

"If my sister had been bitten, not me, You wouldn't even be here right now."

Lucas swivelled his eyes. He seemed to measure what he heard.

"I'm so sorry to the Princess, too."

Soon he turned around and apologized to me.

I was still pretending I didn't hear it, and then Ash gestured lightly, like chasing a fly.

"Just go away."

"But..."

"If you don't think annoying me is the secret to getting the wound healed quickly, then go."