Chapter 78

Damn it. I must be really cursed. No, at this point, I didn't think this was cursed. This was a really screwed-up situation.

'How on earth?'

Since it was pointless, I didn't resist the man taking off my wig with a very polite touch. As the brown wig fell to the floor, my red hair fluttered down the shoulders.

"What? It's really the Princess, did we really find the Princess?"

"That red hair! She's really the Princess!"

"We found her!"

The place became noisy in an instant. I looked down at the wig on the floor, with some sort of cheering coming from behind me in one ear.

I was confused.

'How could they catch me this fast?'

It was not so hard to guess who they were.

'The Dark Knight's....'

I glanced back. Everywhere my gaze turned, they were always there, uniformly dressed in black, whether they intended to increase the solidarity of the group or not. There were them everywhere.

"As soon as I ran away, I got caught like this?'

At the same time, it was absurd and amazing. I've never even thought of such a futile idea.

Still holding my arm, the opponent opened his mouth.

"Please go back. We'll take you safely to the mansion."

"Let me ask you one thing."

"......."

"When did you know I had sneaked out of the mansion?"

The man did not answer. All right, that's the way it is anyway.

"There's no answer, so let me ask you one more question. I heard earlier that you're checking all the carriages out of town, but are you doing such an inefficient thing other than this town?"

The man remained silent again this time. I pushed him.

"Hey, look at me, I got caught. We're going back to the mansion, no matter what. Now that you're done with your duty, I'm trying to solve some minor questions, but can't you just help me by answering this?"

"I'm sorry."

One word that finally came out but that was not the answer I wanted at all.

I breathed an exaggerated sigh as if I couldn't help it.

"Well......"

"........"

"You called me a rat just a little while ago......and held my arm so hard that it felt hurt a little......... I didn't want to tell Ash, but I'll just tell him if this happens."

It's a lethal move, a threat. I said this and glanced at my opponent. I'm sure all the hands that were just holding my arm were flinching.

Surprisingly, however, there was no consistent desired answer.

"......I'm so sorry."

'He's a strong enemy.'

This doesn't work? I was a little embarrassed and forgot to make a face and looked at my opponent.

'I can't help it.'

I gave up and stopped talking. I stopped acting with facial expressions and gestures.

'It's a shame that I didn't get anything, but....'

I put my hand in my arms.

In any case, it's impossible to run away. This was my last shot. A last-ditch struggle, desperate not to face the worst case. So even if my end was to be caught, it won't happen now. At least until I've tried everything I can.