"That is what I was going to say." Following my reason, everyone agreed to it.

Every Almond has only one expression on their face, gratitude. They nodded at me gratefully with eyes filled with love and expectations.

Cacao, on the other hand, calmed down by a lot and fell in his own thoughts which scared me a little. I cannot think of anymore explanation if he chose to not believe me.

I am smart but to twist words and meanings to this extent to make sense out of nonsense is out of my capability.

"I did prepare a gift too and so does everyone. But why did you say it was a secret then?" The now calm Cacao turned to Theia and asked with a frown.

Poor Theia, although she is an opera artist, she still couldn't cover up the paleness of her face. Poor, truly poor!

Theia looked around for some kind of help but how can they help her when they don't even know to? So everyone kept mum until her eyes landed on me and the dull in her eyes suddenly brightened.

Uh huh! Why do I have a weird feeling in my stomach suddenly?

I hope she is not thinking of something strange, not with me involved I hope.

"I said that because I wanted you to kiss Anete." Say what?

"Kiss me?"

"Kiss her?" I and Cacao said in one voice and one expression which is complete disbelief.

I mean, what kind of cover up is this? Why am I involved in this?

"Kiss!"

"Kiss?"

"Kissss"

"Ki-ki-kiss?" The Almonds reaction was something like this.

"I'm sorry?"

"What the –" We Allard siblings were the loudest in reaction. The last one was from Zorion though.

One look at him and anyone can tell how petrified and utterly speechless he looked. But there was one person who's voice was surely low but expression was quite loud.

Bartlett!

The poor female-phobic guy looked like he was just dug out of a coffin after thousands of years.

He looked - mummified!

"Uh, Theia, what are you saying? It makes no sense –" Crispin whisper yelled at her but that whisper was loud enough to be heard by everyone.

"It makes sense." Theia spoke in relief and looks like she found true sense in what she uttered earlier. "Anete is gorgeous."

"And?" Cacao shrugged, clearly implying that he knew that even if she didn't say it.

"And I wanted you to go wild and kiss her in the process of concealing the secret." Is this supposed to be a reasonable explanation?

However, I did like the notion of kissing though!

"But I could've kissed Crispin or Bosc or Bart or even dad to control it." At Cacao's words, Crispin and Bosc pulled their wives in front of them as shields while his dad was totally iconic.

He actually touched his lips with his hand while having a mix of doubt and disgust on his face.

"Come on, Cacao, the way you were stealing glances at Anete every now and then, would you even consider anyone when the situation really arises?" Theia winked at his shocked person but a wave of shock hit me as well.

He was looking at me?

Stealing glances at me secretly?

When?

I was looking at him all the time, both directly and secretly!

"That was because she is shining today. Nothing else!" Cacao coughed out and looked everywhere else but me.

"So the secret! Cacao, I and Crispin bought secret gifts for the couples and I want you to keep the secret to yourself until they receive their gifts." Theia said raising a brow at Cacao in challenge.

Uh excuse me, your honor! What about my standing in this situation?

Are they not going to think or ask me if I like it or not?

Seeing my questioning face, Theia answered the unasked question with a wink and a smirk.

Seriously!

But now the main problem is back! Hearing Theia's confession, everyone was stunned was another issue but Cacao started to puff hot air through his nostrils like a bull, and started to act wild again.

"Mrs. Theia Almond, what have you done?" I exclaimed peeking at the now fully possessed Cacao.

If anyone didn't know, they would definitely think that he was indeed possessed by an evil spirit.

"Crispin, I told you Theia's brain failed after she gave birth, did you listen to me? Look what she is doing now." Cacao growled at Crispin and Theia while everyone was trying to control and restrict him.

His eyes briefly found me and a kind of pure unadulterated desire caught me off guard. While struggling again, he still shook his head and tried to think clearly before he did something he shouldn't.

"I was trying to be a good husband." Crispin's muttering did everything that shouldn't be done.

Those who was holding the wild Cacao suddenly loosened their grips and snickered while others laughed out at Crispin's husbandly-love for his wife.

Taking this as a chance, Cacao got out of restrictions and went to grab his mobile which isn't there now. Theia was holding the phone now and waved it triumphantly.

In an attempt to pull the phone from Theia, he raced to her. I only felt someone push me forward and then everything happened so fast that for a several moments, I didn't know how I now ended up on the floor with Cacao on me and –

His lips on mine.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is here. Enjoy!

What do you think about the chapter? Boring?

Another glance at how severe Cacao can be when his condition strikes is here.

Who, here, is gossip monger and cannot keep a secret to yourself? To be the first one to reveal, I don't gossip and can keep secrets too well.

What about you?

Anete sure knows how to draw logic in worst situations but fate is playing for and against her at the same time.

Your views on Theia and her cover up?

Who likes Theia and Crispin pair?

Who loves Anete and Cacao coupling?

Please shower me with votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends.

Lots of Love

Lady Prim