Why we should spend time in God's presence

We all pray, at least once a day. Even if it's a mere "God please guide me today" that still counts as a prayer. We try to do things as Jesus would and act in a godly manner to draw others to him but do we actually spend enough time in his presence?

There's a difference between knowing God and actually being in a relationship with him. We all know who Micheal Jackson is. We know he was famous and a good singer and he had a few problems. But only a few people can say they really knew who he was. Only his friends and family who had close relationships with him can give the little details like "oh, I know Micheal loved that" or "Ah, he would never have said something like that"

It's the same thing with Jesus. Everyone knows him. Christians know him, non believers know him, the most notorious atheists know him, even the devil knows him. But as christians we arent just supposed to just know him we're supposed to get closer to him and form a relationship with him. We're supposed to spend time in his presence by reading the bible regularly, praying regularly and making the everyday to seek him.

21 “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.
Matthew 7:21 NLT

You really don't know what you're missing until you actually try to get closer to God. Just take the time to reflect on your day and think about how you can make it more about him. For you that might mean listening to more worship music, listening to a sermon or two everyday, going to church on a weekday. Getting closer to God usually starts out as a discipline but in the end becomes a second nature, something you do because you enjoy God's peace so much.

The more time you spend in your walk with God the less confusing life will be. You'll also begin to hear from him better and eventually be able to tell his voice apart from other voices. Remember that prayer is a two way channel, you aren't just talking to God, you're also hearing from him. And the way he'll talk to you will probably be different from the way he talks to your friend.

If you feel worried, talk to him. Tell him about your day, what happened and how it went. If you're upset with someone and you don't know what to do about it you can tell him. You can talk to him about your feelings however they might be (even the romantic ones) he won't judge you for it and you don't have to be embarrassed because he's you're father and he already knows. He just really wants you to talk to him because consistency builds your faith in him and you begin to hear from him more.

Here's another bible verse;
8 Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world.
James 4:8 NLT

9 Let there be tears for what you have done. Let there be sorrow and deep grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, and gloom instead of joy.
James 4:9 NLT

10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up in honor.
James 4:10 NLT

~ Anne :)
Truewriter2020