Before Any Blessing

Sometimes we like hearing God will bless us but not He will test us.

We need to know that before any blessing, there is a test. God prepares us for blessings. He prepares us for the things He has planned for us and He does that through trials. We like hearing about His wonderful plans but we hate going through the process of that plan. To get to the promise, you have to go through the fire. To get the crown of life, you remained steadfast during the good and bad.

Without trials, we wouldn't be well equipped for blessings. We would lack in something and therefore what was supposed to be a blessing is now a curse to us because it wasn't the right time, way and season for something.

Keep your faith in God and know that God is helping you bear the fruits of the Spirit so when He does bless you, you'll be filled with His Spirit and won't easily forsake your faith in Him. That you can reflect Jesus always.

James 1:2-4
ESV
Testing of Your Faith
2 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 4 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

John 15:2
ESV
2 Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit

Read: Genesis 22 which speaks of the time God tested Abraham.

-etty