Self Acceptance

This might be hard to write about because self acceptance is a hard decision to make. It's definitely worth it but you don't just make the choice once and then your life instantly changes. It's one you have to make every single day even when you've messed up really badly. But with God's help it's much easier.

God created you. That's the simple truth. Read the first sentence again, let it actually sink in. God created YOU. The author of the universe, the master scientist, amazing artist and almighty father created you. And he didn't just create you, he created you in His image. He took his time giving you everything you'd need physically and mentally to serve him and to fulfill your life's mission. He looks at you every day and smiles. He's just so happy to see you.

God loves you a hundred times more than you could ever love Him. So imagine how he feels when he sees you beating yourself up and being your own worst enemy. Imagine how he rolls his eyes at the devil when he's trying to pull you down. He loves you and created you despite knowing you'd make mistakes. And he loves you so much anyway.

A good way to love yourself more is to realize that God loves you even more. Even when you don't like yourself or you feel worthless it's helpful to say "God created me for a reason. I wouldn't be here, right now if he didn't have a beautiful plan for me"

He has a specific path outlined for you. One that isn't to be compared with anyone else's because it's just too unique. There is only one of you after all. Jealousy and insecurities sometimes come in when we lose focus. You need to keep your eyes on Jesus and  on your own christian race so that the devil doesn't blindside you with his poisonous words.

God loves you in spite of what anyone else says or thinks. Their opinions about you don't matter to him so please don't let your life revolve around other people's views. My favorite verse in the bible says;

9 Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.
2 Corinthians 12:9 NLT

10 That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:10 NLT

He doesn't care about your past. As long as you've repented and confessed everything to him, he'll welcome you back with open arms. And even if you haven't, you can go ahead right now and talk to him. He's always there for you

So please don't feel the need to disregard your talents and skills. Don't compare your life experiences, challenges, body image, back ground, etc with anyone else's. Just because your problems don't seem as big as someone else's doesn't mean that you're weak. Every struggle is important in God's eyes and what he says and thinks about you is all that really matters. Focus on overcoming obstacles, don't let them distract you from your main goal.

Here are some more bible verses:
26 Remember, dear brothers and sisters, that few of you were wise in the world’s eyes or powerful or wealthy when God called you.
1 Corinthians 1:26 NLT

27 Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful.
1 Corinthians 1:27 NLT

28 God chose things despised by the world, things counted as nothing at all, and used them to bring to nothing what the world considers important.
1 Corinthians 1:28 NLT

29 As a result, no one can ever boast in the presence of God.
1 Corinthians 1:29 NLT

It doesn't matter what the world thinks of you or how muddy your past it. God loves you and he most definitely has a purpose for you.

~ Anne :)
Truewriter2020