"I think I'm going to save a lot of money for the next few months probably" I said as I took a hardcover copy of Crime and Punishment into my hands.

I heard his chuckle.

"Make yourself at home, I will be in our room'' he said, getting out of the room.

Our room.... his words made me blush. I kept the book back to its place and went to the drawing room.

I sat beside the window and saw people and cars moving. I sat there for a while and got to the room to use the bathroom and also to wear a different pair of clothes.

He came to the kitchen. " I am thinking of cooking dinner. What would you like to eat?" He took things and placed them on the workshelf.

"Surprise me, my dear chef" I teased.

"Sure, milady" he replied.

I smiled and went to stand beside him.

"Could I help you with something? Like chopping or anything"

"No thank you" he said and started to chop veggies. He was indeed good at cooking it seemed.

"Are you scared that I might mess up?" I laughed as I took a seat on the stool.

"No, nothing like that" he smiled.

I nodded and sat there watching him cook for us.

He moved elegantly and I thought I could watch him cook without getting bored for hours. I even forgot that I was badly hungry.

"Can you take these plates to the table?" he asked.

"Sure" I took them and placed them on either side of the table.

"Mhmm... " I moaned as I took a bite of the roti and dal.

"God.. you are good and this , it's just soo tasty. I hope I won't gain a lot of weight eating all the stuff you cook"

"I'm glad you liked it,"  he said, smiling.

We ate our dinner as we chatted about silly things.

⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°

⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•⊙°•

After finishing I cleaned the dishes and asked him to let me do it myself as a sign of gratitude for the dinner.

While I did the dishes he went to have a look at his work stuff. Later we sat on the couch and decided to watch some stuff.

We watched a few episodes of a show of the thriller genre. We tried guessing what would happen every time an episode ended. It was fun, to just sit there and watch a show together  forgetting about the stuff we would have to discuss the events that took place.

But we both were tired and knew sometime in the upcoming days we will discuss, just not today though.

I am not sure when but I had fallen asleep during the show and when I woke I was on the bed in the room.

I woke up and got on my feet. It was 6 a.m in the morning. I could not see him anywhere in the room so I went out to find him.

He was in the study, at his table looking at something on his laptop. There was just a study lamp on, letting out a white light.

I stood there watching him from the door while he continued working on something. He looked handsome while concentrating seriously on something. After a minute or so I knocked once on the door slowly.

He looked up and smiled. "Did I wake you up?"

"No, I just realized you weren't beside me so came looking for you"

" I was on leave for the previous three days but I have to start working today" he said as he woke up from the chair and walked towards me.

I walked to our couch and we sat there.

"So are you going to your office from today on then?" I ask.

"Yeah, I am sorry, Pari. I should have told you yesterday. But it somehow never crossed my mind" he said.

"It's okay. But I still have a few days to kill before my classes start" I replied.

"Would you like to go out and explore the neighbourhood? You might like it and even find a few new places" he asked.

"No, I would like to stay and unpack my stuff" I was not ready to go out yet as I had stuff to do.

"Sure, whatever suits you. I will leave for work at 8.30 a.m. So I should go have a quick shower' he said getting up to leave.

"Would you like toasts? Or anything else you like?" I asked so I could make breakfast for him and myself.

"I am fine with toasts " I nod.

▪︎□■▪︎□■▪︎□■▪︎□▪︎■▪︎□■▪︎□■▪︎□■▪︎□■▪︎□■▪︎□■▪︎□■▪︎□■▪︎□■▪︎□■▪︎□■▪︎□■▪︎□■▪︎□■▪︎

♡♡Thank you for reading ♡♡
Show some love by votes and comments.
.
.
.
Also Sam Smith released "Unholy" which I can't stop listening to.