Chapter Eight - The Plan And Guilt

I was more than sure that it was her, so I made a plan with the police and my boyfriend to set up a scene to get the truth out of her. They all agreed that my boyfriend Stephen and I will put on recorders taped to our chests to record my mother if she would ever admit what she did.

Stephen met with my mother and convinced her that he had much hatred towards me and that he wanted me dead. My mother agreed to make a pact with him so they would kill me, the plan was working perfectly since Stephen was recording everything.

Sadly my mother quickly called two men that were helping her to hold Stephen tight while she checks him for any devices. She took the recorder and the two men tied him up with rope in the corner of the room. A few hours later I started worrying, so I entered inside the same room where my mother was staying at and found him. I quickly started running towards him while one of the men was walking towards me from behind.

When I was about to untie Stephen, I noticed him trying to warn me about something, he couldn’t speak because his mouth was tapped. I quickly turned around and saw him, I quickly started attacking him while the police were coming, I warned them that I was heading to her place when I was going there. After some time the police arrived and found the man tied up instead of Stephen. The police were impressed by me taking him down, but I wasn’t thinking of that, I was wondering where was my mother and the other man.

The police searched through her phone calls, the last call was with the airport service. Stephen and I quickly got in his car and drove to the airport, hoping that we’re not too late to stop them from escaping. It was obvious that she arranged to go somewhere else so she wouldn’t get caught. The police started believing the fact that I was believing, that she was actually the one who hired those men to kill me, so they followed us to the airport.

When we arrived to the airport we all split up. Minutes later I saw one of the policemen getting beat up by the man who was with my mother, so I quickly went to help him. After arresting the man, whilst the policeman was embarrassed of being beat up by him and me saving him, I quickly ran towards the information centre and spoke with one of the people that were working there.

I asked for my mother if she had already flew to somewhere else, sadly it was too late, the man that was working there said that she already left to Texas. While I was walking away I was wondering why she left to Texas and suddenly saw her walking towards a door. I quickly started running towards her and when she entered inside the room I got in as well.

She pointed a pistol at me and told me that she was waiting for this day, the day when she finally kills me. I asked her why did she wanted me dead, what did I ever do and if it was her who hired those six men. She replied saying that it was indeed her and that she wants to kill me just because she doesn’t like me.

I was more than convinced that she was in fact crazy. When she was distracted by her phone which started to ring, I quickly hit the pistol away and punched her in the face. Then I quickly started holding her tight while I was screaming for help, hoping that someone would open the door.

Finally a few minutes later, one of the policemen opened the door and was about to arrest her, but then she suddenly surprisingly knocked him down when I let her go. I quickly picked up the pistol and pointed it at her before she did. She started stepping backwards saying that I wouldn’t dare to shoot at my own mother, and she was right, I couldn’t do it, so she ran away.

I felt so guilty knowing that I just let her run off after the struggle to hunt her down. But at least I had proof to show that she was guilty by the help of the recorder that I had on my chest recording everything.

A few days later after I calmed down, I went to visit my sister to show her the truth. She just kept staring at me, she didn’t know what to say, I walked away leaving her speechless and then went to visit my brother in prison in the weekend to show him the truth as well.

He was so shocked to find out that it was our own mother that tried to kill me, he didn’t know what to say either. My brother barley knew his mother, but my sister did, yet I still don’t know why she thought that it wouldn’t have been her, she knew that she was a bit crazy.

I told my brother and sister fast to warn them, so they wouldn’t trust her again, especially if she ever speaks with them someday. I returned back to New York knowing that my brother had just one more year to struggle in prison and then he would finally be set free.

My mother still flew to somewhere using a private transport, she didn’t go to Texas for sure, no one could find out where she went, not even the police somehow.