Chapter Ten - Jealous And Heartless

I was going to be sent to prison as well, but Stephen, Trevor and Rose’s husband bailed me out. I was also going to be kicked from my job as a teacher since I was going to be sent to prison, but thankfully I wasn’t. I was so relieved for finally ending the problems, yet very sad because of my sister’s death. I was finally feeling proud of myself once again for never giving up bon what I wanted to do.

I got to go to New York, I graduated as an English teacher and graduated from my acting advanced course in Merinsha Decodra’s school, plus her letter of recommendation and compliments. I worked in several jobs, I helped my sister recover from a depression, saved myself and my sister from being sexually abused by six men, rescued my sister from the same man who raped her and saved myself from being murdered by a couple of men that my mother hired. And I also showed the truth to my family and to the police about my mother and finally got her arrested.

I felt proud of myself for what I did, for the effort and bravery I had to face certain things on my own and the hard way. My brother Trevor started working as a waiter and I had hopes for him to advance better to have a better life. I started helping him with his studies to become a choreographer someday, which he did turn out to become. I was so proud of him.

Months later I was competing in a national acting of plays competition. There was a woman named Lorna, she was competing against me. She was the jealous and heartless type, once I noticed what type of character she had, I remembered my grandmother saying her brother’s children were both the jealous and heartless type, their children must have been raised to their ways. Lorna already knew who I was, a few days before the competition I spoke to her and she told me that she was indeed my grandmother’s brother’s daughter’s daughter.

She was an only child, during the competition I met her cousin, his name was Jason, both of them had the same personality. He was also competing against me in the same team as Lorna was. They were both talented enough to win, sadly we didn’t win.

Three months after the national acting of plays competition, three men broke into my apartment and captured me. Stephen called the police but they couldn’t find me anywhere. I was taken in an old apartment where I saw Jason, the one who made them capture me. He told me that all four of them were in the same team that were going to compete against me and my team in the next week, which was the next national acting of plays competition.

I didn’t know what to do, I was tied up as usual, but the difference was that the three men stayed supervising me all the time, I couldn’t try escaping. Three days later the police arrived and arrested them. I told the police who told them to capture me, which was Jason but I needed proof, obviously his team mates wouldn’t tell the police.

In the competition he was surprised to see me, even his cousin Lorna. By the looks of it, she was planning the capture plan with him. But sadly for them my team won proudly without cheating like they tried doing. Trevor recognized Jason from prison, he was set free three years before he did, he was arrested for capturing other team mates.

After the national competition, Lorna pushed me onto the wall and threatened me to quit the team, which I obviously refused to do. I wasn’t scared of her, I would still do what I wish to do honorably without cheating, making myself more proud.

She kept threatening me for several months until one fine day she went crazy and attacked me. She was kicked off of the team and I reported her for assaulting me to the police. A week later she tried to ruin my performance in the next national acting of plays competition. There were cameras recording the day when she first threatened me and for when she tried to ruin my performance, which I had to show to the police.

Those evidences were also merged with Jason’s kidnapping, they believed me since he was arrested for kidnapping before, plus that the cousins are in the same team against me. Jason took all the blame and pretended to force Lorna to threaten me and to try to ruin my performance, so he was sent to prison once again.

But Lorna didn’t give up, in fact she was furious, she became more mad with jealousy and hatred towards me. She was too crazy, she chased me once with a knife threatening to kill me if I wouldn’t quit. I had no other choice but to fight back, I was sick of always reporting to the police. I gave her a beating and then the next day she was arrested for trying to kill me, which was reported to the police by Stephen.

Lorna and Jason were reported many times before, the police were more than sure of what they were, they were taken to court and then sent to prison for a long period of time. It was such a coincidence that they came to New York and chose the same career as I did and competed against me.

Well I thought it was just a coincidence, but then weeks later Trevor told me that it was my mother who sent them to try to ruin me, and I was mad at Trevor for visiting her. He visited her to tell her what happened so far in the family and to remind her that she should be ashamed of herself for what she did.

Then I also did not know that Jason had a brother which tried to murder me several times because of his brother and cousin going to prison. Right after his brother was also sent to prison, I decided to see the whole family tree line, to see who might be a threat to me and my loved ones. The only threat were my mother and those three which were in prison, the other members of the family were either dead or living their lives in peace.