[ Chapter 20 : Lesson & Manners ]

Začít od začátku

" My mom agreed? " I asked, she nods.

Right from the start I notice how mom and aunt Talia has a little bit of eye contact stand off in that parlor this morning. I have to figure out what's going on in between them, could be she's a bully but I'm not surprised since this is a noble family. If it's going to be like that, I might have to take down aunt Talia myself to protect mom.

I got a few tricks up my sleeves.

" Jemma " she hums in question.

" How long have you worked here? " I asked.

" Eleven months " she said.

" What's the relationship between my mom and my aunt Talia? " I asked.

" Well, as far as I know, they usually have tea together in the garden with Madam L/n along with miss June and miss Hyria, every afternoon "

" Not important " I said.

" Well, I have served them a few times, Lady Talia and miss M/n doesn't see eye to eye since I got here, I've seen them disagree with a few things about the unimportant things, so other than that, they seem to be alright when conversing or in a family gathering " she said.

" Even when their alone? " I asked, she nods.

Seems like mom and aunt Talia are hiding their strife pretty well, and from the looks of it, it hasn't gone very well lately now that I've arrived. Better to be careful around here, I'm not gonna have mom be hurt because of me, she probably suffered a lot already before I was here.

" Fine, whatever, let's get to the garden then, lead the way "

~ Time Skip ~

" Young mistresses and masters has to greet the elders of the manor " I follow this maid down this path to a gazebo.

What I assume lady Talia sent her to be my tutor, her name's Mia, she has jet black hair, dark brown eyes.

" Serving tea is one of them " she said and I look down at the table where there's a tray of teapot, teacups, a bowl of sugars and spoons prepared.

" I have to learn this as well? " I asked and look up at her with a raised brow.

" There is much for you to learn " she said, I roll my eyes with a scoff and fold my arms across my chest.

" You seem disdainful of learning it, why don't you show me how it should be done? " She said.

I furrow my eyebrows then look at her who just took a seat.

" You want me to serve you tea? " I point to myself then at her.

" Exactly " she looks up at me with a tint of smirk plastered all over her face.

I blink in disbelief.

" I represent as lady Talia, please regard it as serving tea to her " she said.

I scoff at her again before using one hand and flip the teacup on the plate coaster, I then pick up the teapot and pour into the cup without holding the lid. I carry the teacup with the plate and extend my hand as I don't look down at her.

" Here " I said in a lame tone.

I see she picked up the teacup then suddenly pour it out into a bucket I didn't realize was on the floor.

" What was that for? " I look at her in confusion, but her face is just looking ahead of her.

" When serving tea, you have to lower your upper torso as you raise your arms to offer the tea, that is to show respect to the elders " she smile lightly.