Life After Death-Xander

Começar do início

"Uh, guys" Derrick says.

"Fuck off, fish boy. The grown men are talking" Maximus yells at him. I widen my stance as I hear his footsteps coming toward me. I roll my head on my shoulders at the act. If he wants a fight so bad, he can have one. "I'm not don't with you, you pompous asshole. You fought me for that title. So, if you want to give it up, I might as well give you a reason." I whirl around just as he finishes and catch his fist before it can make a connection to my face.

With a kick to his stomach I shove him and his stupid mouth away. "I LOVED HER!! She is everything I ever wanted. You don't even know the half of what I have been through! You don't even know what I put her though!" I scream at him as he lands a punch to my face when he comes back. I may not hurt easily but that kind of smarted.

More

Moving forward I toss a right hook and watch in pleasure as his face swings to the side. "She is gone. Everything I ever wanted is gone. The only thing that I have left is how it went between us Max" As the nickname slips from my lips, all the fight leaves my body. I know that I don't really want to hurt him. This is just the madness of my dragon pushing through.

Less talking and more fighting. The pain is what we need. His and ours.

"Hey" Derrick yells once more. As I step forward to look my brother in the eyes we ignore him. I know that he is by my mate and if I look at her again I will break.

"I didn't get to tell her how I felt brother. She left this world feeling more unloved than when she got to me. She ran because of me. She is dead because of me" I tell him as tears enter my eyes again. I could barely even breathe the words as I said him. Even though I didn't want to say them, I know that it's the truth. I look away as I answer him and my feet start to move again.

Those words that I just said would get through to him more than anything I do. He knows what it's like to leave because he made a mistake. I can feel the emotions of my dragon and they are no longer stable. I may not have been able to keep my mate from pain but she wouldn't want me to cause anymore. Pain would be going back to my home to a scent that will eventually evaporate. To seeing the few items she touched and know that she will never touch them again. I'm in for an existence of the worst kind of torture. Afterall I have done I deserve the break.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" A piercing scream fills the air that has the hair on my arms standing tall as my gaze swings left. What I see has me falling forward as my knees hit the ground beside her. Her entire back is arched into the air as she screams. The only things keeping her on the ground are her shoulders and the tips of her feet. Her eyes still remain closed as her fingers leave claw marks into the ground.

"What is this?" I scream at the others. I've never seen anything like this. When I touch her arm I have to quickly snatch away my hand at how cold it is. Her skin is like ice. Her scream is nonstop and a part of me wonders how she even has all the breath to release it.

"Oh, God baby. Hold on please. Just hold on to me" I plead with her as I try to push her body back to the ground. Tears fill my eyes when the tingles from our touch are no longer present. My voice seems to do something to her because her head flips in my direction. Her back slowly lowers to the ground and I lean forward as I wait for her eyes to open.

You must give me control when I ask. If you do not I will take it.

I lean closer to her as I wait for her eyes to open or for her to speak. When her eyes fly open I fall on my ass away from her. As I look at the eerie black orbs that have taken over her brown ones I can feel nothing but fear.

"What the fuck is wrong with her?" Maximus yells behind me. My head starts to shake as I get trapped in the black depths of her gaze. My stomach churns and I start to feel sick. I turn over ready to spill my guts when the first crack hits me. My back bows as my spine breaks. I have to grit my teeth against the pain because of how excruciating it is.