71: A Checkup & Special Announcement

Start from the beginning

Senjurō, though hesitant at first, nodded before leaving the room; closing the door behind him, giving you both some privacy.

"Are you on your menstrual cycle?" Shinobu questions.

"No," You answered, "but perhaps I'm beginning to start, which may explain my sudden stomach pain?"

"Perhaps? But just to be sure," Shinobu then went over to one of the cabinets and retrieved a glass jar, before returning back to you.

"If you could just pee in this, that would be wonderful." She says, handing you the jar.

Now, you've long since gotten used to Shinobu's antics, considering they often confused you and were borderline crazy, but in the current situation... you can't.

"No offense Shinobu...I love you and all, but I'm not pissing in a jar." You blushed.

Besides, you weren't even sure she's a certified nurse or possessed a medical license?

As if sensing your discomfort, the Insect Hashira simply smiled that kind, yet eerie grin of hers before telling you to wait here while she go get something and you watched her leave.

You gulped, suddenly feeling anxious.

After awhile, she finally returns, only this time with someone.

It was a tall woman with glasses and black hair styled in a long braided ponytail with a butterfly bow on the end, and magenta colored eyes. She's dressed in a white uniform, which includes a nurse dress with a red sash around her waist, long sleeves, a high collar, and a white nurses cap on her head that had a cross on it. She also wore a stethoscope around her neck.

"This is Kimura Ruru, she's a seasoned professional nurse here at the Butterfly Estate's Medical Bureau. I figured you'll be more comfortable with someone more experienced." Shinobu says.

The woman, Ruru approaches you, smiling kindly before properly introducing herself.

"Hello Mrs. Rengoku, please to meet you. My name's Ruru and Lady Shinobu tells me you're feeling... apprehensive? Mind if I do a quick checkup?" She asked kindly.

You nodded shyly as she took her stethoscope and begin checking your breathing and heartbeat. Next, she gently took your wrist and placed two figures against your tendon to check your blood pressure. Lastly, she then pulled out a small wooden tool that looked like a popsicle stick.

"Could you open your mouth and say "Ahh" ?" She asks.

After doing as told, Ruru pressed the tool down onto your tongue and glanced down your throat as you fought back the urge to gag.

Once finished, she smiles, "well Mrs. Rengoku, you appear to be in excellent health! Your breathing is normal, your blood pressure is fine, and no strep throat. You're as healthy as a horse." She chuckles.

"I tried to get a urine sample from her." Shinobu cuts in.

You immediately blush, "sorry, but I'm not comfortable when it's you who's asking."

"Oh? What if I was a man?" She teased.

"D-don't change the subject!" You fumed. "Besides, that'd be worse."

"Uh, what Lady Kochou is trying to say, Mrs. Rengoku, is that we need to check your urine for any disorders, such as urinary tract infections and kidney disease." Ruru explains.

Well, that's reasonable.

"Yes, unless you prefer we do a blood test? That'll also be fun." Shinobu smiles menacingly.

You instantly paled at that; HELL NO are letting her anywhere near you with a needle!

What if she "accidentally" ruptures a blood vein?

"Never mind, I'll take the jar!"

─────────

After awhile, you returned from the restroom with the now filled jar and gave it to Ruru.

"Let's see..." she says, examining the sample with a careful eye while holding it up to the light.

"Well?" you asked nervously, praying that it wasn't anything serious or life threatening.

Soon, Ruru gives you a smile, "nothing to worry about, Mrs. Rengoku! You're just pregnant!"

At those words, your eyes immediately widened in surprise, "I'm pregnant?!"

"Ara ara, congratulations (Name)-chan! You're going to be a mother!" Shinobu says excitedly.