Forty Nine

I heard someone clapping in their hands somewhere in front of me, making me snap my head up. "Pretty piece of, oh what's it called? Oh yeah, shit."

My heart started to beat a bit quicker at the sight of him. "What do you want now, Danny?"

He shrugged and nestled his hands in his pockets as he looked down at his feet, looking almost innocent. "You know, Niall? We could have been friends. I always thought you were cool. Always thought you looked good. You're so perfect, Niall. You had everything you wanted and you couldn't care less about what others did or say to you. I thought that was pretty impressive, you know?" Wow... He really is surprising me now.

"You bullied me. You made my life one living hell. How could you possibly think all that?"

He shrugged again, not looking up just yet. "I don't know," he simply answered.

"Why?" I just asked. "Why did you have to hurt me so badly? What did I ever do to you that made you believe I deserved to get all of that shit? I just want the answer on that, Danny. Why?"

"Because I thought you deserved it? I needed a victim, and you were just so nice to be the fucking idiot that was close enough to me to start bullying. You were just too easy, Niall. If you wouldn't be that easy to pick on, I would've never bullied you. You can say it's your own fault."

"What you mean? I never chose to be bullied by you. What's even your point, Danny?"

"You took everything away from me. My friends. My fun. My pride. And I won't let you get away with it so easily. Revenge. Oh how much I love this word." He looked back up, red eyes looking crazily at me. A dark, creepy grin on his face. His hair looked messy. He simply looked like a total mess.

I felt my insides turn in a bad way when I looked at his sickening figure. He looked as if he hadn't eaten for days, hadn't showered for ages and has been living in the woods ever since he was born... "Dan- A-Are you okay?" His grin even grew. He really creeps me out right now... When he took a step closer to me, I felt my nerves boil up in my body. What is he planning on doing? "Danny, easy. Take some steps back, will you? I know you don't want to hurt me anymore. There is no point to. You don't want this, Danny. I know you don't." My hands were in front of my chest, a bit in a defensive way.

With one hand I slowly tried to get my phone out of my pocket, and when I did and clicked on the button of calling the first person in my list, I put my phone on silence with my finger. Luckily he didn't notice that. I could feel that Harry was speaking. The speakers made my phone vibrate a little bit which only means that if it's dead on silence here, we both will be able to hear Harry. "You're going to get it back, Niall. Everything. You took away my life, and I will slowly do the same. Slowly, but I will."

"Danny," I said, making sure to say it loud enough for my phone to catch it. "Stop this. You need help, really. I can help you with that. I can help you finding some place where they can take care of you. It'll all be okay, I promise. It doesn't have to be this way, Danny. It can all change." I could feel my speakers again against the material of my jeans, sensing Harry was speaking again.

"You can't do shit, Niall. I'm 50 shades of fucked up."

"We're only in the woods, pretty close to Harry's house, Danny. I can go and get help." Oh please, Harry get the fucking clue!

"You can't run away from me, Niall. It's impossible. You can tie me up in chains. You can throw away the key, but there is nothing that will keep me from finishing what I already started."

I sighed and took one step closer to him, my hand being able to be placed on his cheek. "Please. You're not thinking straight. You're fucked up in the head, Danny and I'm 100% sure that deep down, there is a person that's so sweet and kind. You just have to discover that person."