Two

[An: sucky part, but I just needed a filler... This had to happen for the rest of the story to finally start]

I laughed loudly. Louis is such an idiot... "You know, maybe you should start cleaning around here," he said as he let his finger slip over the table we were sitting on. "It's really sticky," he pointed out.

"Yeah well, if you didn't spoil all your coke over it, then it wouldn't be sticky now. It's your own fault." I sort of snapped back. Louis just rolled his eyes and laughed softly. His laugh is just so... contagious. I started to join him, and rather quickly we couldn't stop laughing anymore.

Of course there were always people that had to intrude us and well, normally I wouldn't really care, but this time was different. "Horan, you're fired," one of my coworkers said. I looked up at him rather confused and curious.

"What do you mean, 'fired'? What did I do wrong?" I knew it didn't take much for me to get fired, but without any reason is very odd and even if my boss' daughter was first in row to take over my job, he would never fire me without a real reason.

"First, didn't I ask you half an hour ago to go and clean the shop?" I already felt guilty. Ever since Louis knows I work -or now worked- here, I always took small pauses to spend some chatting with him. Louis is just like me gay, but only he isn't a closed book about it and he's even proud to be it. Louis' parents and friends all found it okay, so it's not that he doesn't have anyone, but he's to no one closer than to me. I'm the one that knows all of his secrets, whilst his parents know the least about him and his sisters know most of him, yet I was the one he trusted more. So well yeah. If he needs to talk about this new dude he liked or this new shop he wants to explore without any weird looks from people, he can always count on me. I guess that's mostly the problem... "And second, boss didn't tell anyone why you'd be fired, you probably did something wrong, knowing my clumsy friend..." He joked. Well, this was anything but a joke to me now...

"B-but-"

"This is absurd! Why would anyone fire this cute ball of sweetness and joy? He's probably the one that gets the clients here! I mean, look at those cute, little, pink cheeks! They're adorable, no one can resist those-" my hand was quick to cover his mouth after that. If I let him go on, we wouldn't only both get into trouble, but he'd be telling things no one wants to hear about me... That's how he is. Once he starts to ramble, it always goes wrong...

"I'm sorry dude, but boss' orders... I wish Horan could stay, too. I do think most girls are rather just coming see this little pumpkin, than to have Starbucks coffee. Anyway, as much as I'd like to both ask you what you want to drink or whatever, Niall, I guess you're not welcome here anymore..." He was bitting on his lower lip as he looked down at his feet. "I'm really sorry, but we all want to keep hanging out with you sometime, Niall. So...-"

"Why not invite him to Josh's party within 2 weeks? I mean, everyone we know are coming and like that, we have a excuse to see him." Okay, is it just me.... Or did that sounds like they're not really proud of being my friends?

"Naw, don't give us that look Ni, you know we can't really hang around with you. I mean... In our free time we work out and all and... and you just happen not to know what that means..." Yup... That hurts.

I just decided to ignore it and stood up. "Text me the details to his party, I'll see if I come. C'mon Lou," I said, almost dragging him out of the building.

"You okay, Nialler?"

"Yeah I'm fine, Lou."

"You seem to be pretty down, you sure you're okay?"

"I'm okay, really."

"You don't see-"

"I said I'm fine!" I snapped angrily. He stopped walking for a second, but tried to shake it off of him and caught up on me after he seemed to successfully done it. The rest of the walk was in an awkward silence. None of us spoke once. I think that's probably for the better, too.

~~~

"You're what?!"

"Ma, please. Calm down. It wasn't even my fault. No one wants to say what I did wrong. I just think breathing was already enough for him to fire me..." I tried to explain. Once my mother came home late in the evening, she asked me how my day was, and I told her everything. I don't think she's mad at me, just at my boss, well.. He's not my boss anymore now, is he?

"Oh, baby," she said as she embraced me in a warm hug. "I'll try and get more money. Maybe I just get another job? Yeah a second one. We could have twice as much money then," she suggested. I hated when she talked about this. Getting more money, getting twice as much work.

"No, ma. You aren't. We're fine, okay?" She nodded and buried her face in the crook of my neck.

"I'm just so sorry that you can't buy what you want. That I never can give you anything that you'd like on your birthday. I wish I could just give you the world," she sobbed.

"It's okay. Really, please Ma, don't cry. We'll manage just fine. I'll just get a new job. Yeah?" I've never been good in comforting people...

My mom just pulled away from me and whipped her cheeks. "I'm sorry Ni. I shouldn't be crying for something stupid like that. Shouldn't bother you with it at all," I just smiled and kissed her cheek.

"You'll be fine, really."

"Thank you Ni. I love you, you know that right?"

"I know, and I love you, too Ma."

She smiled and that was all that I needed to see right now. I don't like my mom all down and such. "Good, now go upstairs and take a shower before you go to bed. I cleaned it up in there, and I don't want it to all be smelly again," I rolled my eyes and nodded as I laughed. I quickly ran up the stairs and into my bathroom before stripping down, taking a shower and finally after a long day, getting into bed and falling asleep.