Forty Two

I was walking for almost the whole day. It was already getting dark, but I could still see the blue sky being a little bit light and some clouds were there, too.

"I can't believe how stupid I am." I mumbled to myself. My back was pressed against the base of a random tree and my legs were pulled up, making me sitting with my arms around my legs to keep them in place. "To think someone like Harry would really care. I only hurt him. He doesn't deserve someone like me, not such a bad person. And I don't deserve Harry, because he's just the best and I'm just a stupid guy and ugh!" I talked to myself. "I should just kill myself already. Everyone would be a lot happier."

"Do you really think that's a way to get out of trouble?" I heard someone say. I looked around me, but didn't see anyone. I looked in front of me, behind me, next to me and even under me. No one. "Killing yourself won't solve any problems." There was that voice again...

"Who's there?"

"Look up to the sky," the voice said.

I looked up like they told me and saw... nothing... Only the blue sky and the cute, soft looking clouds. "God?"

The voice laughed and I felt really weird. "No, not God. Not yet."

"Jesus?"

"Stop guessing, you're making me laugh. I know once I show myself, you'll stop talking to me, and I need you to listen."

"Are you some psycho trying to get into my head or something? Because, yes then I would stop talking to you. But otherwise, I wouldn't. I feel comfortable with you, Almost-God."

The voice chuckled again and I felt that sad feeling again. His chuckle sounds like Harry's... "Good, because no, I'm no psycho. I'm just not on your good side, but let's talk about something else than who I am, yeah? Look, Niall. I know life is hard. It will never be easy, and I'm not saying that to make you give up, because that's the last thing I want to do. But it will get better. Sometimes life just makes it a bit harder and other times you will have it easy. Just don't give up life because a stupid boy who made your life Hell. I know, that curly haired boy still likes you and you should just talk it out and with your family and friends, don't worry about them. Saying that you don't have time is normal. Sometimes people just are busy."

"God, you're creeping me out. How do you know all these things?"

"My ex-friend told me. I mean, he told everyone."

"Are you-"

He walked from behind me, probably from behind the three and smiled, showing me who he was. Oh my...

"K-Kenny?" I asked in disbelieve. Kenny was Danny's best friend. He was his right hand and would bully me when Danny was around, but when he was alone with me, he was actually just... normal. He always stayed on a distance when he was alone and when he was with Danny, he would often just pick on me, never all too serious, because that was Danny's work. He would get mad when someone took the opportunity to say something clever when he wanted to do it himself.

"Hey, Niall." He kneeled down, and I tried to escape a bit, but the tree was holding me back. "Hey, no. Don't be scared. Like I said, Danny is my EX-best friend. I'm not talking to him anymore. I told him he had to stop this, Niall. I swear. It was not fair to you, neither to our group. We just went along with what Danny did and say, but to be honest, we never liked it. I think we were all just kittens. Chickens that always chickened out when they wanted to say it was over. When I saw you running back out of your house, tears already streaming down your cheeks and Danny even making it worse, I felt so bad. When you were gone, I walked up to him, shove him in the wall and told him straightforward that what he did wasn't what a normal guy should do and that he deserves to be going to Hell more than you would deserve to be treated like we treated you." He said. I listened closely and for once, I knew he was telling the truth.