Three

Today's the day I'm going to search for a new job. Not that I want to do anything else than to work again in the Starbucks building, but maybe it's better to at least find something. I want to help my mom with paying things off and I of course want to spare money for a new car. Mine is pretty sucky, so a new one would be awesome. Now I only need to get a proper job so I can effort a good one.

My mom tried to help me with finding one in the morning. Looking through the newspaper and such. I, on the other hand, called to Louis to ask if he knew some people, which he answered with that he knew that some girls lingerie shop searched for new people, but sorry not sorry. I'm not in the mood to be yelled at as I try to help someone in there...

Then I remembered Olivia, my high school best friend. Instead of going to uni, she just went straight to work, and I think she worked... in a police station? Yeah I think that must be it. Maybe she has something for me to do?

As I called her, my mom almost yelled at me to say she found something for me if Olivia wouldn't have place for me.

"With Olivia Ranger from police station Ranger Over Danger, what can I do for you?" I smirked. She seriously had to call it that? I knew she would anyway, she told me in high school that if she'd ever get her own police station, she'd call it that.

"So you did finally call it that? I already thought you would anyway..."

"LITTLE NIALLER!" She yelled through the phone.

"No, little mermaid..." I saw my mom rolling her eyes. She probably heard Olivia yelling through the phone, so she's probably disappointed in my lame comeback. "No seriously now, how are you?"

"Oh baby Ni! It's going great! Edward and I are so happy, really he's going to propose to me, I just don't know when!" I almost gasped.

"Really?! That's amazing! Oh I hope you both do it rather quickly, don't forget about me, now you have a boyfriend!" I said. I could already see her rolling her eyes at me.

"I won't ever forget someone who didn't call me in ages..." Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. "But how's it going there? You already met that perfect girl?" Yeah about that... I never told her that I basically like dick... Or to say it properly, I like men.

"Nah, I think I'll just stay the way I am. Now I at least don't have to buy something for my beloved at Valentine's Day. That way it's easier for me to get that new car I want," mom had already given up on me and went into the kitchen, probably to avoid my conversation about how happy I am without anyone in my life...

"You're no fun Ni. Seriously you should go to a club or something? Oh! My friend, Nashita is still single, I mean.. She basically dumped that jerk of a dude a few weeks ago, so well yeah, she's single now. Maybe I should let you guys meet up some day? I can fix ever-"

"No please. Don't try to get me a girlfriend. I'll makes sure to find you and murder you if you do."

She giggled and I could hear someone on the background asking what she was doing. "Awh is little Nialler about to hunt me down?" She cooed. Grrr... Yes...

"Shut up, I'm not even calling for that,"

"Then why am I needed there then?"

"'Cause I've been fired yesterday. I need to find a new job and I at least hoped you would have something to do for me?" I must admit, I sounded pretty hopeful, but my hope faded away right when she answered.

"I'm so sorry Ni. We have already way too much workers here. I'd love to give you a job, but I just can't. I'm really sorry, little Nialler. But I'm sure I can call some people and get-"

"No, no. It's okay really. I'll just find something else myself. Thank you anyway for your time Olivia. It was really nice to talk to you again and hear your voice," I said smiling softly.

"Awh okay Ni. Hope you'll find something and otherwise you just call me and I'll help you find something. Yeah?"

"Yeah thanks, Donuty"

"Welcome Nialler. Love you, bye-bye."

"Bye." And with a sight I ended the call.

Well... I don't have a job yet, but I did talk to my best friend from high school again. It was really nice to hear her voice again. Maybe I should visit her some time. She will definitely like that.

"Baby, did you already find something?" Mom came into the living room again and gave me a curious look.

"No sorry Ma," she sighed and nodded.

"Well, me neither. I thought I found something, but it's not really your thing,"

"What was it?" She started to blush and looked away.

"Nothing for your little ears to hear, baby," oh I hate it when she does that... It means it was probably something 'too mature' for me... Even though I'm actually 20, my mom always thinks things about sex and stuff aren't the things I should know about. I can talk to her about it, she will just probably call the police to watch me if I ever get a boyfriend where I share the night with. She's... special when it comes to that topic.

"Well okay... Anyw-" I was cut of when my phone rang. I quickly glanced at the screen, reading it was Louis. With a swift motion, I swayed to the right with my thumb and put the phone to my ear. I didn't even open my mouth before I could hear his loud and enthusiastic voice through the speaker.

"NIALL!" I squinted my eyes shut when I heard how loud he was. "I think I found you your perfect job!" He said happily and a little less loud.

"Really? What is it?" I must have sound pretty exited cause my mom gave me the look that said that she knew what we were talking about and smiled.

"I'm not good at explaining, but remember when I told you yesterday I'd go and visit my cousin today?" I nodded, even though he couldn't see that and quickly mumbled a 'yes', so he'd at least know I was following. "Well, found out that my cousin has an amazing hot friend, called Zack or something, and when I was calling you, he heard what we were discussing. We talked and talked and I must say he's very nice. I mean he has this bea-"

"Louis get to your point," I said already annoyed.

"Sorry, Mr. Grumpy. Well alnyway, this Zack dude, told me that he wants to help you getting a new job. You can come over and we'll just search together! I bet he's here somewhere around, so then he'd be able to help you search," he explained.

"Okay, I'll ask my mother and I'll text you kay?"

"Okay, bye Ni. Kiss kiss!"

"Yeah kiss kiss back, see yah." Well... Yeah... that's just a thing between us. Lou started it and I just went along. It's not that I fully agreed to ending our calls like that, but when Louis almost treats you, saying he'd probably kill you in your sleep if you don't say it back, well that really makes me say it. And now it's basically a habit.

I ended the call and before I could even ask my mom if I could go to Louis'.... "What are you going to ask your mother, sweetheart?" She asked.

"Well Uh... That I Uh... Can I go to Lou's to search for a new job? He said there is this very hot du- I mean this friend of his cousin and he wants to help me out and-"

"Yeah yeah... I get it. My baby boy is going to hunt that cutie down. It's okay, love. You can go. At least you're trying to get a job,"

"Thanks Ma!"

I quickly stood up, slipped my shoes on and got my coat from it's hanger. "See you later this afternoon," I called out, opening the door already to go outside.

"See you soon, baby. Oh and Niall?" I waited and looked at her as she came into the hall. "Don't scare the poor lad."

"Ma!" I said whiningly.

"Sorry baby, it's just... I know you. Once you want something, or in this case someone, you can be pretty... Clumsy..."

"I know, thanks for the pep-talk, Ma." She just shook her head laughing softly and went back inside the kitchen.

I quickly closed the door and got into my crappy car before driving off to Louis'. Hopefully this 'Zack' dude will help me getting a job, instead of getting my attention...