Chapter 28: Bludger

The school year was a lot calmer for everyone since the Chamber never got opened like in the stories. Somethings, however, were unfortunately unavoidable. Lockhart was a massive annoyance, and everyone was getting annoyed by him, at least the ones who weren't the teenage girls fawning over him. I've taken to calling McGonagall 'Minnie' just like Dad does, I think she likes it. I loved watching Snape's or Minnie's expression whenever the fraud speaks.  

Harry still had to go to the Death Day party for Nearly Headless Nick, which I was also invited to but declined because it was on Halloween, and left Harry to fend for himself there. I just told him to eat before going.

Ollivander got back to me quickly about Ron's wand, and after a brief back and forth, he sent a selection of wands for Ron to try out. It was interesting, Ollivander has a trained eagle owl that guards the wands while we tried them out, and even hooted approvingly when Ron felt happy with his final choice. We sent back the others, along with the gold to pay for the new wand. Ron has been beaming and glowing with his new wand ever since.

I congratulated Draco on making his houses quidditch team, though I was unfortunately not there for the whole 'Mudblood' moment. It was a shame I wasn't there, because with Ron's new wand, his slug spell worked on Draco. I would have loved to have seen it. 

"Draco?" I call to the boy, walking into the hospital where he was being treated for the slugs. Ron got detention for his spell, but he was beaming and happy, so I doubt he minded. "Feeling better?"

"My father will hear about this." Draco mumbles out pathetically. He looks really pale from all the vomiting, but he's done puking them up now according to Pomphrey.

"Always on and on about your father." I roll my eyes, taking a seat by his bed. "Is that the best your cunning mind can come up with? I thought you were a Slytherin, not a little baby?" I tease him.

"What are you suggesting?" He perks up a little. "Didn't think you'd want me to get back at them, they're your friends."

"Oh, they are, and you deserved this entirely for your comment." I correct him smugly. "Such a tired old phrase, mudblood, uncreative and boring, needlessly offensive. Don't tell me you're still bitter that Hermione's a better witch than you?"

"She is not better than me!" He yells out weakly.

"Really? At this point, even Ron is better at magic than you. You couldn't even defend against a basic spell." I taunt him. "Don't you and your friends practice spells with each other ever?"

"No, Crabbe and Goyle are dreadful at spells, why would I practice with them?" He scoffs out.

"I told you last year, get better friends. What happened with Blaise?" I ask politely.

"I don't need friends, I need those who listen to me." He says arrogantly.

"Ah, so let me guess, Blaise had an opinion that wasn't yours, so you stopped hanging out with him. You're so lame." I shake my head at him in shame, seeing through his reasoning. "You're on the team with Adrian now, he's a friend of mine who challenges me often. You need people who challenge you, not who follow blindly. You're a smart boy, but you'll never be a leader if you aren't respected. You earn respect through accomplishments, not through your father's name. Hang out with Adrian more, or look outside your house for friends. Though you should go back to Blaise, I liked him." I lecture him.

"Why do you always lecture me about friends all the time?" He asks quietly. This is nowhere near my first time lecturing him.

"Because I want better for you than constantly living in your father's shadow. You're half a Black anyway, like me, and Black's are much better than Malfoy's." I grin wickedly at him. "Be more like me, I'm amazing." I say arrogantly, and he chuckles a little. "Get better, and stop using your precious father's name for everything, grow your own backbone." I stand and leave then.