Chapter 40: Death Eaters

I was prepared for Dad to puff up like a peacock for the Veela, but I wasn't prepared for Remus to start howling loudly at them too once they started dancing. I had to kick out the back of his knees and clamp my hand firmly over his mouth to stop him since he was drawing so much attention to us, and his howl didn't sound remotely human at all. He was letting his wolf out in order to attract the beautiful creatures on the stadium floor.

As I was laughing my ass off and holding Remus back in a firm hold, I heard another howl next to me and turned and saw Dad in his Animagus form, trying to out-howl his friend. "Oh my god, Dad." I breathe out in shock. "You idiot!" I scold him as I yank him by the scruff of his neck and halt his howling, and thankfully the Veela stopped dancing on the pitch so Remus calmed down again.

"Where did that dog come from? Where's Sirius?" The man who was behind us asks in confusion. He's a coworker of Dad's from the Ministry, and I blanched slightly at the several people looking at us now, all of whom had just been speaking with Dad prior to the Veela's dancing. I held doggy-Dad by the scruff of his neck to stop him from bolting, seeing he was calmed down now but looking to run and transform.

"Oh, Dad went to find this little guy's owner." I cover for him, torn between laughing and freaking out. I spot the back of someone's head who could pass for Dad from a distance and point to him. "Look, there he is, Dad found the owner. Please excuse us." I drag the dog out of the immediate area, Remus following closely behind us. We make it around the corner into the stairs so Dad can secretly turn back into himself, and I promptly hit his arm repeatedly. "You complete idiots!"

"Ow, sorry!" Dad apologizes while I hit him repeatedly. "I won't bloody do it again, but let's get back, the game is starting." He laughs it off, and I turn my glare to Remus.

"And you?" I glare sternly at him.

"I uh... don't have an excuse?" Remus chuckles nervously. "It won't happen again?"

"It better not, I don't like having to put you in a hold." I scold him as we head back. "You two really are just boys." I roll my eyes at them as they both laugh, and I have to remember they're only 34 years old, and both single men. Idiocy to beautiful magical women was bound to happen. We return to our seats right at the start of the game.

The match was brilliant to watch. Dad and Remy managed to keep it together all the other times with the Veela, largely because of my shit eating grin I gave them every time the Veela started dancing again. They both knew they weren't living this one down any time soon, both of them nearly exposing their deep dark secrets to everyone. My second enjoyment was Dad's expression when Ireland won and Krum caught the snitch, just like I 'predicted' would happen.

"I'm always taking you gambling with me, Princess." Dad says jovially as we exit the stadium with the happy crowd, meeting up with the Weasley's again.

"You don't gamble." I point out to him.

"I could take it up with your talents." He says happily. "Now, let's get you set up with Harry and the Weasley's, then Moony and I will see to it about the... other part of your skills." He adds when we spot the redheads. 

We rejoin with them happily, Harry launches into telling me all about the Malfoy's being there and getting to see the players up close. The twins pointed out that the foreign prime minister was pranking Fudge about not being able to speak English, and we all laughed loudly at that since it's something we would do. 

We made it back to the Weasley tent and then Dad and Remus separated, gathering a few Auror friends to go guard the muggles. Something tells me the Death Eaters might not be stopped by that if they're drunk or determined, or worse if they're both. Harry and I part ways from the Weasley's once Ginny falls asleep at the table, so we bid them good night and go to our tent.