Chapter 74: Epilogue - Shopping Day

I woke up the next morning thinking the entire previous day was a dream. It wasn't until Nix slithered up my arm to my neck and grew to his full length, which he does often and it still freaks me out, that I realized I was in my own room instead of in Poland. 

I sat up quickly, ripping the meter long snake off my neck and jumping out of bed. Nix began to shrink back down to his usual ten inch length as I squeezed him angrily and left my room. I ran towards the kitchen where I heard voices and spotted everyone sitting there. They all stopped mid casual conversation to look at me, which I realize I must look crazy standing there with bed head, wide eyes and a death grip on the snake as I held Nix aloft in my hand.

"It wasn't a dream." I say in relief as I look at Tom, who is simply raising an amused brow at me. I thought he would maybe greet me, but instead he just started hissing in my direction in Parseltongue. Whatever he was saying to Nix was making Harry chuckle though, so I just narrowed my eyes as I walked closer.

"Darling, whatever has that poor tiny little snake ever done to you?" Tom asks me as I approach them.

"So many things." I glare at said snake as I dump him on top of Harry's head. Nix happily slithers down Harry's arm and wraps around his wrist on the table, still seemingly talking to Tom.

"My word, he is quite possessive over you." Tom says with a chuckle, talking back to the snake again. I just look to Harry for an explanation as the boy is choking on his juice and looking at the snake in shock.

"Um... I'm not repeating that." Harry says to me while nervously chuckling.

"Keep your stupid, disloyal familiar in your own damn room." I threaten the snake with one of my daggers, and all Nix does it hiss his little tongue out at me, trying to look cute. "No." I say in Parseltongue. I don't know what he said, but I can at least respond with what I know. 

When I speak though, this time it's Tom who chokes on his drink and stares at me with wide eyes which form into a seductive smirk. Easy to say he likes hearing me talk in his second language.

"Where did the knife come from?" Tom asks after clearing his throat and shaking his head, clearly trying to change whatever subject the snakes were talking about or maybe just clearing his current lustful thoughts.

"Oh right, these are my cursed blades, the Shadowborn Daggers." I go on to explain all about them and how I got them, Dad adding in his two cents along the way of the story, still not a fan of the blades.

"The look on Voldemort's face when you summoned all the daggers and called him out at the end was bloody brilliant." Harry laughs out at the end of my explaining.

"Evil mastermind, right here. I bamboozled the shit out of Voldemort!" I grin and point at myself. "Come, my little Ken doll, we must head out now." I pull Tom up off the table after we finish eating and I got a moment to brush my hair and change my clothes. He's already wearing the suit from yesterday, so we're ready to go. "We're taking the long way there." I grin smugly at him as we step out the door and I hand him one of our spare helmets.

"You want me to get on this muggle contraption?" Tom asks in uncertainty. "I already experienced it once in your mind, I think that was enough."

"Quit being a scaredy cat." I taunt him, a challenging glint in my eyes that immediately works. I get on the bike in exaggerated slow movements, and don't miss how his eyes follow my every move. "Come along now." I wave one finger to entice him over, and resolutions sets in firmly as he slams the helmet on his head and quickly gets on confidently, but then stalls when he feels the bike tip slightly. He quickly and nervously wraps his hands around my waist. "Hold on tight." I give him one last grin before I take off like a bullet. He gasps audibly before he tightens his hold on me.