Chapter 78: Epilogue - Wedding

"Abigail, come with me, I want to give you your wedding gift early." Tom says lightly to me two days before our wedding. 

Time has flown quickly from when he proposed until now, and we've grown a lot closer with each other when we have time to. Both our jobs keep us busy, so when we see each other, our time is very blissful together. But now for the wedding, we've both taken several weeks off to set it up and have time for a two week honeymoon after the reception.

"You didn't have to get me anything, you already gave me the greatest gift." I say with a genuinely smile, my arm finding it's way around his waist as I beam at him.

"Thank you love, but I think you'll like this gift even more than that ring." He winks at me as he tugs me to our spare bedroom.

"I wasn't referring to the ring, dork." I tease him as I poke his cheek. "I meant you, my handsome and loving fiancé." He sneaks down and gives me a firm kiss and grins at me as he rises back up to his full height, excitement brimming on his face from both my words and from whatever it is he wants to show me.

"I love you." He says happily, and opens the spare bedroom door. "But I know how much you have loved your friends and families from your pasts, so I made you this, so that way you can always see them, whenever you want to." He presents his arms towards a large basin that wasn't in this room before. 

I quirk my eyebrows curiously at him and approach the basin, and notice a silvery, almost smoky liquid inside of it. I'm puzzled for a moment before I realize what it is, and my eyes widen to the size of dinner plates.

"Is this a Pensieve?" I ask in a whispered shock.

"Yes." He comes up behind me and holds me around my waist. "I noticed... when you showed me your memories, some of them seemed faded. I didn't want you to lose any of them, even the bad ones you don't want to show me, so I made you this. You can store your memories here, that way you won't ever forget them. And I promise, this is only for you, I won't delve into them at all. I placed a barrier spell here so you can block others from entering without your permission, if you want to use that." 

He kisses my shoulder delicately, but I turn in his arms to face him fully, my arms slowly wrapping around the back of his neck. I run my hands through his long curls and grasp tightly on the nape of his neck and pull him down to meet my waiting lips. I kiss him eagerly, too speechless at his thoughtful gift to form words. He is far more observant then even I give him credit for, and his gift proves how well he knows me. 

I kiss him hungrily and greedily there, then wordlessly kiss him all the way back into our bedroom, letting him know for several passionate hours how much I appreciate my new, wonderful gift.

"I never actually said thank you for the Pensieve last night." I murmur into my fiancé's shoulder the next morning as we lay in bed. Both of us woke up naturally a little while ago but felt no urgency to get out of bed, so we're just laying together, my head on his shoulder, our bare legs entwined as he rubs one hand lazily along my arm, the blanket half off and exposing our bare chests to the warm Spring morning.

"I think you thanked me quite loudly, actually. And repeatedly." Tom smirked at me before kissing my forehead. "Don't worry Darling, I received the thanks perfectly. I've got to remember to get you more thoughtful gifts in the future if that is my thanks every time."

I only grin lazily at him at that. "Maybe don't gift me too often, I won't be able to walk today. Perhaps not the best idea the day before our wedding, I might need my legs to walk down the aisle tomorrow." I chuckle out but grimace in pain as I attempt to move my legs, and he grabs his wand off the nightstand.