Chapter 53: Grimauld Place

"Princess, are you absolutely sure you want to go back there?" Dad complains as we get ready to race each other on our bikes to London in order to go to the House of Black.

"Yes, Dad, for the thousandth time, yes." I roll my eyes at him, then smirk as I get on my bike. "I think you're just scared you're gonna lose against me. I am a trained vigilante after all, I can understand if you just want to bow out gracefully now. No shame in just Apparating there."

"I won't lose." He says defiantly, getting on his own bike. "Last one there has to deal with mother's portrait." He grins, and takes off before even doing a countdown.

No amount of head start could save him though, and I won with so much extra time I stopped for fish and chips while I waiting for him. I was just finishing up eating when he finally pulled into the parking space next to mine just outside Number 12, Grimauld Place.

"What, did you stop for nap time, you little baby?" I tease my dad, and he grumbles angrily and just walks straight up to the house. He's always been a sore loser, a trait which Remus exploits often whenever he can. Dad unlocked the house and went straight to his mother's screaming portrait and shut her up, and Kreacher appeared and bowed to me in greeting.

"Welcome back, Mistress." Kreacher wheezes out, ignoring Dad completely. "You is finally home again. How can Kreacher serve you?"

"You mentioned last year there were some useful items here for me, can you show me those?" I ask kindly to the elf, and he bowed again and ushered me up the stairs.

"The armory?" Dad asks incredulously, placing his hand firmly on my shoulder to stop my steps. "Not more cursed daggers."

I summon all the daggers around me and smirk at him, "Not cursed anymore."

"I'm not going to ask, I'm just going to pretend you stabbed spiders like you said you would when you were a sweet little girl." Dad sighs out as we enter the beautiful room. He already knows I killed several people with the knives, Peter included, so he's just being dramatic right now. 

There are weapons lined all over the room, suits of armors on display, and morbid looking paintings on the walls. One painting in particular is a large portrait of a warrior type of man on the wall, holding a severed head and drinking the blood from it and beating his chest.

"To be fair, I did stab some spiders. Hagrid's giant arachnid in the forest has... a lot of children." I say lightly as I take a spin around the room. "Alright Kreacher, tell me what's safe to touch."

"There is only one cursed item in here, everything else is from esteemed figures in history." Kreacher croaks out, and Dad takes over.

"My parents were collectors, as were my grandparents and so on and so forth. Most Black's from history have a taste of fine weaponry, often from famous conquerors and warriors." Dad drones out distastefully. "Just stay away from the great sword on the wall up there, it's Excalibur's evil twin, Clarent." He warns me, and I snap my head towards him to continue. "Clarent is the sword that killed King Arthur, and is so evil it corrupts all who wield it. My great grandfather won this on a bet from Nickolas Flamel."

"Fascinating. It's literally sending off waves of evil, I can feel it. I'll pass on that." I say as I can actually feel nausea building up from the suffocating evil emanating from the sword. I move away from the evil blade, and make a lap around the room. 

"This looks out of place here." I point to a golden bow that has delicate feathers of metal on it, and a white and gold quiver full of arrows with heart shaped arrowheads. "It's so cute looking." I smile at it, and Kreacher comes over and takes it down from its display case.