Chapter 2: Meeting the Marauders

Sirius Black is my father. I am actually in the world of Harry Potter. 

I'm still wrapping my head around this, even several days after my mother's death. I've pieced together that she died because Voldemort is currently in power and at war, so she, a muggle, was killed as soon as she was discovered in Diagon Alley. That's another thing I learned, Dad's flat is right at the end of the Alley, not far from Gringotts. 

Once the grief of my mother's death started to ease, I really thought about how I was actually in this world. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone was the first 'real' book I ever read I my first life. It was such a magical world, it became my whole life after I read it. I still even read those books again and again up to the time when I died in that life. Death said I needed to bring some light into my soul, and here I am, in the world of my favorite fantasy, surrounded by magic. If anything can bring me light, it's this world.

I know there are many tragedies that happen in those books though, but knowing the story like I do, I can change so many fates. I did it in my first resurrection, I saved several people's lives, including one of my teachers and my own twin brother, even if I had to die to take his place. In this world though, I have so much more opportunity to save lives and prevent trauma. I already know my main focus right now is that Sirius Black doesn't go to Azkaban. That's a fate I'm sure I can change. I haven't met the Potter's yet, but I will try my hardest to save them too so Harry can have parents. I'm not sure how old I am in comparison to him, but I'm pretty sure I'm about two to three years older than him, just judging by how young Sirius is.

"Alright Princess, we're going to see some important friends of mine today, but don't be scared of the fire. It's perfectly safe." Dad says softly to me as he holds me close. 

He dressed me today in some of the clothes he picked up from my old home after he went there and told Maddie that my mum died in a car crash. She helped him pack up my stuff and he told her to keep or sell what she wanted of my mum's stuff. I at least now had a crib to sleep in again, which was better than the pillow barrier he made for me those first few days. Had I been a real baby, I might have gotten really hurt. 

Dad stepped up to his fireplace and threw some green powder in it and I watched as the flames grew large and turned green, and I cheered in happiness. I have enjoyed all the bits of magic I've gotten to see so far in the week or so I've lived here, and it still makes me smile to see new tricks. We must be about to travel by Floo Powder. 

"Godric's Hallow, the Potter Manor." He says firmly into the fire, and steps in with me.

He had covered me by putting my inside his cloak just before stepping into the fire, so I didn't get to see the travels, but it didn't feel like much. I couldn't feel the heat from the flames, but I could smell the ash and smoke even through his cloak. He kept me covered in the cloak all the way to someone's door, which he knocked on in a rhythm and was greeted promptly.

"Sirius, my boy, come on in." I heard an elderly man's voice say jovially in greeting before he started to cough, and I felt my dad move through the door.

"Just in time, dearie, I'll have supper out in a few minutes. James and Lily should be here any moment as well." An elderly female voice adds, and my dad slowly takes me out his cloak and I can see around then. I perk up at the names, I must be about to meet the famous Potter's for the first time.

I spot a very old couple, the man having been the one to open the door and the woman having just come out of the kitchen, still wearing an apron. These must be James's parents. They have kind, warm smiles, which both change to looks of confusion when they spot me.