Chapter 5: Distrust

When I next wake up, I feel pain in my back and head, but it's not too bad, and certainly nothing new to me, just new in this body. I look around, taking in my surroundings and notice that I'm not at home, nor am I at the Manor. I'm in an unfamiliar white room and I'm in a hospital bed. I can see Dad and Remus are both in the room, Dad's asleep but Remus is by the window, looking outside.

"Uncle Remy?" I call out softly to get his attention. Dad snaps awake at the sound of my voice while Remus walks quickly over to me. "What happened?"

"Princess, you're ok!" Dad cries out in relief. "Oh, I was so worried. You don't remember what happened?"

I shake my head in denial. I know exactly what happened, but I want them to tell me. I want to know if Peter is dead or not. I may not have hit the spot I was aiming for, but he was bleeding out quickly, he could have died from the wound.

"You were climbing on the counters and grabbed a knife. Peter tried to get you down, but you slipped and accidentally cut him. He tried to catch you as you fell, but you ended up hitting the wall when the knife hit him." Dad says quietly. "You know better than to play on counters and with knives, what were you doing up there?"

"So he lived then?" I ask in a quiet voice.

"Yes he's alright Princess, Lily fixed him right up, so no worries there. It was a simple spell to heal him up." Dad says quietly, but I can see a look of suspicion on his face. 

Freaking magic saved the rat, that makes me bitter.

"I wasn't playing on the counters. I was in Peter's arms when he threw me against the wall." I tell them honestly. I wonder why he didn't tell them the truth though, he could have made me look so much worse. Maybe he just wanted to look like the hero in his attempt to save me.

"Why would Peter throw you?" Remus asks quietly while Dad starts to get angry at the idea.

"Because I stabbed him." I again admit honestly, but quickly add on when their eyes widen. "He's a bad man! He's a Death Eater! Look at his arm!"

"You saw a mark on his arm?" Remus asks quickly, his eyes narrowing.

"No, but I know he is. I know a lot of things, and Peter being a Death Eater is one of them. Look," I sigh out in frustration, and prepare to explain everything. "I know the future. I've seen it, Peter will betray Lily and James and cause their deaths. In only a few months, it's going to happen! And it will be Voldemort himself who will kill them, but he'll also die when he tries to kill Harry. Please, you have to protect them and keep Peter away from them!" I plead with them, tears of frustration in my eyes as I look into theirs.

Neither of them say anything for a moment, but then Dad takes his wand out and points it at me threateningly, his eyes narrowing in distrust and rage. "Who are you?! What have you done with my daughter? Is this Polyjuice potion?" He yells at me angrily, glaring at me.

"Dad, it's me, I'm not under a potion or a spell, I'm telling you the truth!" I call out, but tuck my legs under my body in case I need to dodge. I've never seen Dad look at me like this before, and right now I'm honestly scared of him. "I'm not trying to do any harm, I'm just trying to help, please Daddy, don't point your wand at me."

"Sirius, stop that, you're scaring her. She's been here for hours, you know it's not Polyjuice." Remus says sternly, standing in between me and Dad.

"No, then it could be an Imperius curse, or maybe her memories been modified and that's why she doesn't remember what happened. Stand back Remus, I need to save my daughter and counter the curse. I'll modify her memories back! Someone must have messed with her!" Dad says impatiently, trying to shove Remus away. He succeeded in doing so too, and pointed his wand again at me.