Chapter 66: Dolohov

I have grown to have a newfound appreciation and respect for the old villains of Gotham who constantly broke into the banks in my last life. This takes so much more planning than I originally thought it would in order to map out exactly what I need to do and to gather what I think I will need. 

I was so busy planning that I only had time for a short trip to visit Charlie in Romania and brag all about the water dragon to him. He was busy too, I happened to show up right after new dragon babies were born so it was hectic at the dragon sanctuary. We still enjoyed a couple days of each other's company though, and he was entirely jealous and curious about the water dragon, but also worried when I mentioned how close it got to me. I didn't tell him where I saw it at, just that I was up north and near a lake. I loved being in his company again though, it made me feel warm and happy to see my secretly favorite Weasley again.

I even made a trip to America to gather some necessary supplies, but that was also because I just missed it and wanted to visit again. Since I took that little trip alone too, I had fun slipping back into an American accent again, though after living in England for so long, I did have a bit of residual accent in my speech. The trip was successful, I gathered the materials and tools I would need to feel confident in my endeavor. So now after several months, I was finally ready to break into Gringotts.

I wasn't going to rob it the exact same way that Harry did in the stories, but that was there as a back up plan if needed. I wanted to do it in a more fun way, fun for myself at least. I was going to break into the most heavily guarded wizarding bank in secret, and do it as a muggle. Well, mostly as a muggle. After a lot of scouring through Gringotts history books, I found that the goblins have mostly magical guards along their vaults and halls, and not much to prevent someone transporting around without magical means. 

There is a spell that stops brooms from working inside, and other counters to stop other magical transportation methods like flying carpets, portkeys, and Apparition. That was why the dragon in the story was the only way out for the golden trio, only the creatures inside of the bank can get around like that, otherwise the only form of transportation there is the goblin controlled carts. I knew I would need a goblin, a higher rank one at that, to get me inside of the Lestrange vault, but otherwise I didn't need much magic.

I had purchased supplies to craft and build my own grappling guns from scratch, thankfully being able to use all my knowledge I have from years of being Shadow in Gotham in order to make my own effectively. I also had made smoke bombs and explosives, and bought other useful things. Like a gun. Didn't know if I would need the gun for the robbery or not, but since I was in America with fake documents, I bought one anyway. I even experimented and transfigured some bullets along with some arrows to have Basilisk venom in them, just in case my trip to the vault is short and I need to destroy the cup right then and there.

Tom was confident that the cup would still be there in the Lestrange vault. He says his mentality and overconfidence would have trusted a faithful servant to never tamper or endanger something he gave to them. I countered that Malfoy gave the diary away, and he countered with a sneering 'faithful', not 'fearful', correction. I agreed that Bellatrix was certainly not scared of him with her god-level of devotion to Voldemort, so she was faithful and would have kept it there and protected, likely even after her death.

Most of the time spent waiting was really just finding as close to a 'blueprint' of the bank as I could, then spending time memorizing it and creating failsafe plans. I didn't want news to get out that I broke in at all, because Voldemort would likely instantly know something was up. I also didn't want to get caught or seen at all because I wanted to work at Gringotts in the future, and being a former robber of their bank probably wouldn't look good on my resume.