Chapter 69: Voldemort's Demise

"Don't suppose Voldemort happened to die from his fall?" Harry asks tiredly, looking over the edge of the tower.

"I wouldn't have, so I doubt the human definition of a cockroach would have." I grumble out, getting my game face back on. "It's quiet down there." I observe.

"Let's get back out there." Harry says, and leads us down there. 

I grab both the twins hands and take them with me. As much as I want to send them away and hide them somewhere safe, I also desperately need to keep them both close to me right now. We all run down to the Great Hall, finding that's where all our allies are gathered.

"Dad! Remus!" I call out in relief when I find them both patching up minor wounds they received, but otherwise fine. "What's going on right now?"

"Voldemort called for Harry to turn himself in in an hour. You didn't hear it?" Dad explains.

"No, we were... dealing with a situation." I look down and breathe deeply, George giving my hand an extra squeeze to let me know he was still there. "Go see your family, guys." I say softly to the twins, letting them know I'll be ok. They ran off to see their family, and I spotted all members of the Weasley family huddled together, all of them ok, all of them alive. I breathed out a sigh of relief.

"What happened?" Remus asks, observing my change in behavior.

"I found out my lesson." I say quietly. "It took the near death of my oldest friend and triplet." I shake my head, letting him know I don't want to explain right now. "What happened on your end?"

"We fought alongside Severus, you should have seen it." Remus says smugly, almost suppressing a chuckle. "Paddy and Severus fighting side by side, it was quite the site. I was... lucky to have witnessed it." He adds with a wink, and I feel my mood lighten.

"And I missed it?!" I join in his humor as Dad grumbles and slaps the back of Remus's head. I look over and spot Snape helping Pomphrey administer healing potions and mending small wounds. I look further over and see a row of bodies, all covered in tarps. "Who... who did we lose?" I ask quietly.

"Two Aurors from my team." Dad says, adopting a somber tone as he joins me at looking at the bodies. "From the Order... Hestia Jones. Elphias Doge. Emaline Vance. Frank Longbottom." My eyes widen at the last name, and I look for where Neville is, finding him holding his crying mother. "The rest are just some of the Death Eaters who died in this room so far, we're still finding people. The Death Eaters side suffered far more casualties than ours. Mostly from you. Those arrows were dangerous, but extremely powerful."

"They took months to make, too." I say, turning away from the bodies. "Albus Dumbledore." I add, looking back once more at the bodies in a way that they both understand that the headmaster is dead.

"So he really did die." Remus says softly. "Is that where you were?"

"We were there for the fight between Voldemort and Dumbledore." Harry answers for me. "I got to listen to Voldemort's entire convoluted justification." Hermione and Ron break away from the Weasley family and come and hug Harry then, pulling him away from us to reunite.

"You should have seen Harry before he left to the tower." Dad says softly to me. "He was even more powerful than James. You trained him so well. He was fighting bravely and swiftly, saving everyone down here while you were up in the air keeping the enemies away. You both were amazing."

"It's not over yet." I say quietly. "I don't know how this one will turn out though."

"I do." Harry says, rejoining us with his friends. "I've got a really good feeling about turning myself over."