Chapter 100 - Extra 7: Little Overlord Shao SiJia (1)

“SiJia, can you please make three copies of these documents. We’ll show them to our customers later. Be careful, and make sure you don’t make any mistakes.” Shuttle Technology’s business manager Deng Han handed a few documents to Shao SiJia. “Make the copies and give it to me in conference room 6.”

“Alright.” Shao SiJia didn’t say anything else and took the stack of thick documents, before heading towards the copier.

This was Shao SiJia’s second month working in Shuttle Technology. She learned fast and soon became the best employee in her group. Deng Han thought highly of her.

After finishing her undergraduate studies, Shao SiJia entered a postgraduate course in a famous university. But as a result, on the first day of the semester, her graduate tutor tried to harass her and ended up being beaten up by Shao SiJia in his own office. It caused quite the uproar.

At first, the school wanted to protect the tutor. But Shao SiJia had a recording device on during the tutor’s attempts in harassing her, and so she directly posted the audio track online. She bought a spot in the hot searches at her own expense, so it was heard by a lot of people and caused a public outcry. In the end, the tutor was expelled, and the university’s reputation took a big hit.

To appease the public, the university wanted to keep Shao SiJia with them, but she simply quit school. Before she left, though, she also hijacked the university’s broadcast line and spouted abuse at the leader who tried to cover up for the tutor. It caused an irreversible separation between her and the university.

After dropping out of school, Shao SiJia reapplied to a famous foreign school and was successful. But since there were still a few months before the semester starts, she had nothing to do. Seeing that Lin Qian’s company was booming, Shao SiJia decided to send in her resume and apply for Shuttle Technology’s business department to help her younger brother for a bit.

Shao SiJia didn’t tell her brother. By the time Lin Qian noticed, she had already entered the company and was too late to stop it.

Fortunately, Shao SiJia really just came to work. She didn’t use her status as the boss’s family to do things. Every day, she would come in as a low-level employee and work as quiet as a chicken. As she was still in her probation period, in addition to her regular work, she would also run errands and do odd jobs for her boss.

This was the fourth year since Shuttle Technology was founded. Lin Qian and Ke MuZi were still university students, but their company already became a mythical figure in the industry.

In just a few years, Shuttle Technology had won five rounds of investment in a row, with the last round setting a new record for the highest investment given to a start-up. The company’s value was growing exponentially.

Along with ‘NOW,’ the live broadcasting software that helped them get into the market, Shuttle Technology had since launched several other products. With each one becoming the new innovative leaders in their trade, the company was steadily developing towards a diversified business model.

The company’s office had also moved from the small economic office space to a new building in the city’s science and technology park. They directly rented an entire five-story building and greatly improved their image.

By now, Lin Qian and Ke MuZi had become the new superstars of the industry that no one dared to despise. They were constantly sought after by numerous investors. Fortunately, they applied to fast-track their studies two years ago and had already completed most of their courses in advance. Now, they only needed to take two classes and write papers once in a while. If they hadn’t tried to balance their studies and work, they would’ve been completely swamped right now.