Chapter 36 - I Love Learning

In the end, Guo DangLi and Li Gao went to class disheartened. One by one, they sat down on their seats, unable to speak for a long while.

Especially Guo DangLi. He woke up this morning, intending to become a Boss. He just couldn’t understand how he ended up becoming a son?

And that painful blow that practically swept him off his feet. Guo DangLi couldn’t get it off his mind.

The students of Class 7 were also surprised. It was an ordinary weekday, but Guo DangLi and his gang were actually attending the early self-study. Some of the normal students were already preparing to take their textbooks and escape, but for some reason, Guo DangLi wasn’t being his noisy self. Although they didn’t know what had happened, everyone cherished this rare silence and sat down to study.

After a long while, Li Gao finally couldn’t help but quietly ask Guo DangLi: “Brother Li, are we really going to study?”

Guo DangLi glared at him: “If you want to study so bad, why don’t you go ask your dad.”

Li Gao, who had previously called Lin Qian as ‘dad,’ shrunk into himself and didn’t speak again.

Another brother became quite restless. After some hesitation, he said: “But Brother Li, we signed a contract. What do we do if we can’t make any progress by next month’s exam?”

Guo DangLi was so angry his heart practically gave up. He scolded: “Why are you taking such agreements so seriously? Lin Qian is a goddamn pussy! Are you actually afraid of him?”

His little brothers looked amongst themselves, then turned to Guo DangLi with fear in their eyes. The answer was obvious: They were afraid!

Guo DangLi: “…” He suddenly felt that not only was he not the Boss of No.12, but that his position of Class 7 leader had also crumbled to dust.

Guo DangLi was just about to go off on another tirade when the wall-mounted speakers suddenly turned on with a ‘Bzzt’ sound. After a while, a voice sounded out: “Hello, Hello——testing…”

No.12 had an extensive broadcasting system. Each classroom was equipped with a wall-mounted speaker. It was usually only used during breaks to broadcast school notices or occasionally some music. It rarely turned on at this time of day, so all the students in Class 7 subconsciously looked towards the speakers. They wondered what was going on.

After a while, the voice of a young boy could be heard through the speakers. “Good Morning to all teachers and students. This is Dong MingEn of Class 8, Year 3…”

His voice got smaller and smaller as he talked, as if he was being careful with his words. He sounded very much like he had nothing left to live for.

Then, there was another weak voice: “This is Lou XingGuang, also from Class 8.”

Another voice, full of shame: “This is Zhou DaoTa.”

Finally, a calm, disillusioned voice sounded: “This is Gou XinDou.”

During this introduction, the entire grade was in a state of turmoil. The students looked at each other, wondering what on earth was happening. Why were those Class 8 students suddenly broadcasting?

In everyone’s minds, being in the broadcast was something to be praised. Other than the usual school announcements, the students who usually spoke in the broadcast had, for the most part, done something notable. Such a backward class like Class 8 would’ve had no chance to appear in the school broadcasts. Especially students like Dong MingEn, who was a famous troublemaker. So all the students listening became very curious. Did these Class 8 students hijack the sound system to shout criticism and obscenities?