Chapter 35 - This Precious Knife Is Quite New

Guo DangLi, a second-rate hooligan, had seen a lot of old gangster movies. He had even studied Chen JinNan extensively, hoping to learn from him.

Honestly, Guo DangLi had been unhappy with Zheng PingQing for a long time now. But Zheng PingQing had always been so aggressive and domineering that Guo DangLi didn’t dare offend him.

It was only when their senior year began that Zheng PingQing started losing his momentum. Zheng PingQing had stopped participating in fights and even started studying with the top students. Zheng PingQing no longer looked like Class 8’s Boss.

So Guo DangLi’s thoughts suddenly came alive. Zheng PingQing and Lin Qian’s contract had been posted online last night. With Zheng PingQing’s image being severely damaged, Guo DangLi felt that a new era with him as the leader was just on the horizon. He had informed his brother Li Gao that same night about his plan. Then this morning, they all gathered by the school gates, intending to confront Zheng PingQing. Guo DangLi had been filled with expectation that the No.12 High School throne would finally be his.

So when Zheng PingQing patted Lin Qian on the shoulder, Guo DangLi was: “????”

Li Gao and the rest of Guo DangLi’s brothers: “????”

Guo DangLi was used to be overbearing in school. The only person he gave face to was Zheng PingQing, who had a more powerful aura. Everyone else, especially the nerds in the higher classes, weren’t even on his radar.

So when Lin Qian said ‘This Boss will treat you well in the future.’, Guo DangLi immediately felt that he was being swindled by both Zheng PingQing and Lin Qian. He got so angry his head was practically smoking. Guo DangLi angrily yelled: “Are you two looking for death? Don’t think I wouldn’t dare start hitting people, even if we are in front of the school gate!”

Xu Yao, who was very nervous, shouted: “Hey, hey! Take one step closer, and we’ll start shouting!”

Guo DangLi laughed. “You stupid bookworms, only knowing how to tattle on the teachers. Why don’t you go back to sucking your mother’s tits!”

Xu Yao, who was holding a calcium drink specifically for children: “….”

Lin Qian held out a hand to prevent Xu Yao from retorting. With a smile, Lin Qian told Guo DangLi: “If we hadn’t been standing at the school gates, you’d be already kneeling and calling me father.”

Li Gao couldn’t take it anymore. Without waiting for Guo DangLi’s reply, Li Gao rushed past him and towards Lin Qian. With a finger harshly stabbing towards Lin Qian’s chest, Li Gao said: “It looks like somebody needs to beat you to death, why don’t I help you with that…”

But before Li Gao could continue, Zhang PingQing suddenly grabbed the finger that was about to poke Lin Qian on the chest. Then with one quick and hard pull, Zheng PingQing forcibly dislocated Li Gao’s finger with an audible ‘click.’ Then Li Gao, who acted very intimidating, uttered a shrill scream: “Ow——”

The faces of Guo DangLi and his brothers paled. To be honest, their ‘fights’ were nothing more than posturing. They would usually just show off with a few exaggerated punches, not unlike those you see on TV. This was very much different from what Zheng PingQing was doing now.

Zheng PingQing put on a fake smile and asked: “Is that how you should be talking to your new Boss?”

An ashen Li Gao weakly tried to pry his dislocated finger from Zheng PingQing’s grip, but it was evident that Zheng PingQing held fast. Li Gao then tried to move away, but it immediately caused immense pain to shoot through him.

“D-don’t, don’t, don’t——” Li Gao repeatedly stammered, a thin layer of cold sweat gradually appearing on his forehead. He didn’t dare move anymore.