Chapter 70 - A Bloody Competition

“Come, come, come inside and sit down.” Zheng BuLu took the lead and enthusiastically led the Lin family into the living room.

Chen ShiYi, who had initially been worried about the men possibly making a scene: “….”

It seems that there will be no awkwardness between them tonight. Instead, the only one feeling awkward was her, the woman who was forgotten by both her current and ex-husband.

Fortunately, these pig trotters weren’t completely covered in lard. Lin YaZhi managed to walk halfway into the room before he finally remembered her. Lin YaZhi stopped and waited for Chen ShiYi to catch up, then said: “ShiYi, let’s go.”

Zheng BuLu smiled. “ShiYi is familiar with the way to the living room, she can get there on her own.”

Chen ShiYi: “…..”

Chen ShiYi snorted and said: “No, it seems that I haven’t been here for so long that I’ve forgotten what the family head is like.”

Zheng BuLu spread out his hands and skillfully shifted the blame as he replied: “When we were in the middle of our divorce proceedings, I offered you the house. You were that one that didn’t want it, ah.”

Chen ShiYi rolled her eyes. “That’s why I forgot everything about this house, ah.”

Zheng BuLu was speechless for a while. His ex-wife was still as logical and impeccable as she was before, ah.

Lin YaZhi quietly inserted himself between the two. After blocking Zheng BuLu’s line of sight, he said: “Brother Zheng, let’s hurry into the room so we can properly talk.”

“Yes, yes.” Lin YaZhi’s pure and honest expression managed to successfully distract Zheng BuLu from bickering with his ex-wife. Zheng BuLu draped an arm over Lin YaZhi’s shoulders and led him inside.

Shao SiJia stretched her arms, then folded her hands to the back of her head. With a ‘tsk, tsk,’ she said: “Such a bloody competition...”

Chen ShiYi turned towards Shao SiJia in puzzlement. She didn’t understand what that saying meant. Shao SiJia looked back at her and, “Don’t worry stepmother, you still have a chance of winning!”

Chen ShiYi: “…..???” Why are youngsters these days so hard to understand?

Lin Qian and Zheng PingQing followed the women in, leaving He YiJun to be the last one in the group.

Zheng PingQing deliberately slowed down, and after making sure that He YiJun would be able to hear him, he complained to Lin Qian: “My father is too magnanimous, ah.”

Lin Qian put on a confused expression. “Why do you say that?”

Zheng PingQing let out a cold hum as he replied: “The fact that my dad is becoming friends with your dad. I feel so unworthy, ah.”

Lin Qian looked even more confused as he asked: “What’s wrong with that?”

The conversation between the two men made He YiJun sweat. From the moment Lin Qian’s family arrived, she had been in high vigilance, like a frightened bird. She had just survived the first exchange of greetings, but she wasn’t given any time to recover before this particular subject was suddenly brought up.

With her heart in her throat, He YiJun quickly stepped forward and interrupted them. “Oh, I forgot to ask what you two wanted to eat for lunch. Tell me, and I’ll get the kitchen to prepare it.”

Zheng PingQing looked at He YiJun funny. “Didn’t you get up early this morning to have everything ready?”

He YiJun lovingly replied: “I’m afraid you might not like it.”