Chapter 62 - Stay for One Night

Xu Yao’s horrified tone caused the room to fall into a strange silence.

After a while, Shao SiJia raised a brow and laughed. “What, you’re against this marriage?”

Xu Yao’s shaken mind dimly realized that his reaction was a bit too much. However, Shao SiJia’s words caused Xu Yao’s expression to crack once again.

Shao SiJia’s mention of ‘this marriage’ was obviously about Lin Qian and Zheng PingQing’s parents.

But Xu Yao’s traitorous brain had already begun to twist Shao SiJia’s words and generate certain images that he truly didn’t want to see.

Xu Yao, who wanted to cry but had no tears, could only say: “….no.”

Lin YaZhi laughed. “Xu Yao, are you scared? It’s understandable; you probably didn’t expect Little Zheng to appear here.”

Xu Yao: “….” No, you’ve misunderstood!

Lin YaZhi placed the plate of sliced fruits on the coffee table. “Have some fruit Xu Yao, and relax. It’s rare to have Shao SiJia visit, and even Little Zheng is here. It’s a chance for everyone to play together.”

Xu Yao: No, I want to go, ah.

But before Xu Yao could open his mouth, Shao SiJia lifted her leg and pointed her toes towards the fruit. “Ah Yao, can you give me some apples, please.”

Xu Yao didn’t dare fight against Shao SiJia, so he could only answer: “Alright.”

Shao SiJia left her hands around her cup of tea and simply opened her mouth: “Ah-”

Xu Yao: “….” Endure this humiliation Xu Yao, endure!

As Xu Yao picked an apple, Zheng PingQing suddenly produced a red-hot fighting spirit, his eyes wandering towards the fruit, then to Lin Qian. Lin Qian, who had been slumped comfortably on the sofa, saw the twinkle in Zheng PingQing’s eyes and immediately sat up. Full of righteousness, he solemnly said: “Shao SiJia is such a lazy pig, ah. But I’m not the same. I can eat by myself.”

Shao SiJia: “Stop talking nonsense, ha. You just don’t have anyone to feed you.”

Zheng PingQing started to become restless. “I….”

Lin Qian rushed to reply: “I just don’t want to lower myself to your level.”

Shao SiJia gave him a meaningful look, then glanced at Zheng PingQing. In the end, she opened her mouth towards Xu Yao: “Ah-”

Lin Qian contemptuously said: “Shao SiJia, your double chin is showing!”

Shao SiJia remained unmoved. She even threatened Xu Yao: “Ah Yao, is big sister’s double chin beautiful?”

What could Xu Yao say to that? With tears in his eyes, he complimented: “Very beautiful!”

Poor Xu Yao just came to deliver something, but Shao SiJia ended up forcing him to bring her tea and water all afternoon. When they started playing cards, Xu Yao was forced to give Shao SiJia all his good cards. At the same time, Lin Qian also kept receiving Zheng PingQing’s good cards. The brother-sister pair ended up evenly matched, with Zheng PingQing cheering Lin Qian on from the sidelines.

Shao SiJia was dissatisfied with this and said to Xu Yao: “Ah Yao, why aren’t you cheering for me?”

Xu Yao: “…..QAQ” Unlike Zheng PingQing, he was being forced, ah. He wanted to keep his good cards, ah!

In the evening, Lin YaZhi enthusiastically invited Xu Yao for dinner. Of course, Xu Yao firmly refused. He even thought of the perfect and most heart-warming reason: “There’s only one semester left before university, so I want to spend more time at home and eat with my parents.”