Chapter 50 - Newcomers

After Ke CaiZhu’s departure, Huo YeRui was ordered to study at home. Gradually, the cheating case and the school recommendation irregularity faded out from everybody’s thoughts.

Before long, news that Lin Qian gave up his guaranteed spot came out, leaving the entire No.12 High School shocked. Their first reaction was that Huo PingChuan played another trick behind everybody’s backs. For a while, this gossip made Huo PingChuan, who was actually innocent this time, receive numerous glares from angry students.

This distinguished Vice-Principal had never encountered such treatment before. This was the first time Huo PingChuan could so blatantly feel the decline of his prestige in the school. It made him resent the Lin father-son pair even more.

Lin Qian, in particular. Huo PingChuan thought that Lin Qian was a student more insidious and poisonous than what his age implied. When competing with Huo YeRui for the school recommendation, that brat simply didn’t let go, and it ended up ruining his son completely. And now, at this very sensitive time, Lin Qian suddenly struck another blow that caused everyone to view Huo PingChuan with hate.

God knows that the person who hoped Lin Qian would smoothly get the school recommendation the most was Huo PingChuan.

Huo PingChuan had never been glared at by so many students. He couldn’t even sit down in peace. In the end, he couldn’t bear the animosity, and he rushed to find Lin YaZhi. “After all that difficulty, how come Student Lin gave up his hard-earned school recommendation? This isn’t the time to act all noble and virtuous!”

Lin YaZhi clenched his fist. “One punch gives you one answer. How many questions do you want to ask?”

Huo PingChuan: “….” Fine, he gets it! Lin YaZhi simply didn’t understand the ways of the world. Acting like this, Huo PingChuan figured that Lin YaZhi’s life will probably amount to nothing more than this. He has no future.

Huo PingChuan sneered in his heart. When all this blows over, and Principal Qiu retires, let’s see who’ll protect you then, Lin YaZhi.

After Lin Qian gave up his school recommendation, the evaluation team began to assess the other students in the top class. This time, they were extremely careful not to show any sort of bias, and in the end, they finally recommended Tang WanQi based on her overall performance.

Although Tang WanQi wasn’t as well-known as Lin Qian, she was still quite famous in No. 12. Her personality was also good, so everyone thought it was logical that she would receive the recommendation and had no criticisms about it.

After school, the remedial group congregated in the small office as usual.

Dong MingEn was showing off his new watch, shoving his wrist towards everyone’s faces so they could clearly see. “…this is the latest model. I bought it as soon as it was released. In the future, you’ll see countless others wearing the same watch, following me…”

An annoyed Lou XingGuang ridiculed: “Why don’t you just say that the designer was inspired by you?”

The modest Dong MingEn replied: “My face isn’t that big.”

Dong MingEn felt that showing off like this wasn’t enough, so he even pulled Xu Yao into things. “I also gave one to Xu Yao. The same style. Come on Xu Yao, show everyone, let them drown in envy.”

Xu Yao: “…..”

Xu Yao put a hand over his face. “I didn’t wear it.”

Dong MingEn was puzzled. He asked: “Why didn’t you wear it? Didn’t we promise to never separate and be together forever!”

Xu Yao’s expression began to crack.”When did I say such things, don’t put words into my mouth!”

Dong MingEn pointed towards Lin Qian and Zheng PingQing and righteously said: “Look at the Boss and Brother Lin Qian. They wear their watches all the time! We gotta follow their example, ah!”