Chapter 27 - A Follow-up Discussion

And so, this allegedly magnificent party finally ended. Huo YeRui had no idea how, at the very last moment, the limelight fell back onto Lin Qian.

He accepted the bill from the restaurant manager, still holding the heavy and incomparable ‘National College Entrance Exam Questions For The Decade.’ Huo YeRui was currently feeling a considerable amount of loneliness and resentment.

Unfortunately, no one was very concerned about him and his loneliness. The students started to leave in twos and threes, still whispering about what just happened between Lin Qian and Zheng PingQing.

All the students from No. 12 were still full of shock and had nowhere to vent, so they enthusiastically tried to explain Lin Qian and Zheng PingQing’s legendary rivalry to their friends from other schools.

But their stories and emotions were doomed to be disregarded. When the other students heard that the two had been mortal enemies during summer vacation, they fell into silence, one after the other. Then they looked at all the No. 12 students in contempt.

“Spouting such amazing things, these No.12 really are too powerful, ah!”

“First, they say that Lin Qian can’t skate. Now they try to brainwash us, saying that Lin Qian and Zheng PingQing are enemies? Is this common practice for No.12?”

“Do all boys in No.12 get along so well? How can anyone misunderstand their relationship?”

“This is probably the largest con I’ve ever seen. How can all the No.12 students be so united?”

“Damn, I’m even a little envious. I also want such good alumni. They’re even classmates!”

“Oh, now I also want an ‘enemy.\'”

“I don’t. Instead, I want to know what I need to do to start selling radishes and be that profitable.”

“Can you believe the nonsense those No.12 students are spouting? Maybe this really is some sort of con!”

&#k2026;&#k2026;

The students of No.12 who were clearly stating facts, but weren’t being believed: “…”

Fortunately, since they were a lot of them, they could huddle together for warmth:

“I saw the two of them fighting near the playground last semester. My memory isn’t shoddy, is it?”

“No, no, you remember correctly. Not only did I see that fight, but I also helped break it up.”

“Didn’t someone in Class 3 make a betting pool on whether they would fight each other right until graduation?

“Argh, the odds were one to three hundred! I should’ve at least bet 50 cents. I could’ve earned a week’s worth of living expenses, ah!”

“No, be glad that you didn’t bet. On the day betting started, we were all caught by the teacher. You would’ve lost your shirt!”

“Pfft- so in the end, no one knows what happened during summer vacation and why the plot suddenly veered off a cliff?”

“That’s right; it’s too abrupt. It’s like the director changed halfway through the film.”

“To be honest, as a student of No.12, I’m glad to see the two giants of our school make good progress. But can’t they make the transition a little less abrupt? It’s giving me whiplash.”

“What I want to know is if Zheng PingQing needs another tutor!”

……

Xu Yao and Jiang TingJun were originally going to leave with Lin Qian, but when the time came, they could only watch Lin Qian and Zheng PingQing’s retreating figures.