Chapter Ch99.1 - Extra 6: A Small Episode During Entrepreneurship

“Mr. Yuan, hello.” Lin Qian reached out and shook the hand of the middle-aged man in front of him. With a professional smile on his face, Lin Qian said: “Welcome to Shuttle Technology.”

“Hello.” Yuan Jue’s expression had a trace of surprise as he commented: “Mr. Lin, you’re younger than I had imagined.”

“I think it’s my biggest advantage.” Lin Qian replied with his smile unmoved. “The internet is a young industry.”

Yuan Jue laughed, and his worry about Lin Qian’s young age subsided a bit. “Yes, the internet is a subversive industry. It makes heroes out of youths.”

“This is Ke MuZi, our CTO.” Lin Qian took a step back to let Ke MuZi approach.

“Hello.” Ke MuZi had done his best to improve his image today. However, he couldn’t cover his dark eyes and pale face. In fact, Ke MuZi was much whiter and gaunter than ever before because he was now living with computers all year round.

Of course, this was only from an outsider’s perspective. As long as he was in front of a computer, Ke MuZi would be happy and excited. Once, he even set a record of doing continuous work for 36 hours.

It made Lin Qian worried that their company might never get listed. He had once heard of a technical head of some company suddenly dying in front of a computer. So Lin Qian issued new regulations for the company, and Boss Ke was threatened with server shutdown if he didn’t sleep for at least six hours a day. After that, the situation eased. Though, it was mainly because the other programmers were afraid of Lin Qian and thus monitored Ke MuZi every day and pressed him to sleep on time.

“Chief Ke, are you really an adult?” Yuan Jue was surprised yet again. Lin Qian already looked young, but he didn’t expect Ke MuZi to look even younger.

Ke MuZi was indeed younger than Lin Qian. He was a genius who jumped up two grades. Honestly, if his university hadn’t stopped him, he would’ve already graduated instead of being stuck as a sophomore.

Ke MuZi directly took out his ID card and showed it to Yuan Jue. “Look for yourself.”

Yuan Jue: “….”

Behind Lin Qian and Ke MuZi, part-time receptionist Zheng PingQing did his best to suppress his laughter. It seems that in their last life, Ke MuZi really relied on his strengths to secure that initial funding.

Yuan Jue is an investment manager of a medium-sized investment institution. They had money, but they didn’t have a lot. So Yuan Jue’s company tended to be more careful when choosing their investments.

Shuttle Technology was a small technology company that suddenly emerged during the second half of last year. The first product they pushed into the market was a live broadcast software called ‘NOW.’ Live broadcasting wasn’t a new concept, but Shuttle Technology introduced a new feature: the so-called national broadcast. Soon after NOW went online, several seemingly unrelated events caused the software to become wildly successful, causing Shuttle Technology popularity to skyrocket in a very short time. Their userbase had begun to rapidly expand, and all of a sudden, live broadcasting was becoming the new hot thing.

Shuttle Technology quickly attracted the attention of many investment companies. But the company was much too small, and their team was much too young. People have said that Shuttle Technology’s owners were still college students. While the country has encouraged college students to start their own businesses these past two years, in the eyes of investors, an entrepreneurial team without any working experience was obviously something to be avoided. What’s more, no one knew whether the events that made them famous was due to Shuttle Technology’s marketing efforts, or if it was just by chance. Was it due to their strength, or simply due to luck? Such things also had a great impact on an investor when judging a company’s value.