Chapter 45 - Privilege of a Big Shot

“I don’t know if I can let Huo PingChuan go down this easily.” At the mention of this person, Zheng PingQing’s voice became a little chilly.

In their last life, Huo PingChuan’s punishment had affected Lin Qian and Zheng PingQing’s lives for more than ten years. And not only that, the lives of both their friends and families had also been affected. This made Zheng PingQing and Lin Qian feel a lot of guilt and self-blame that no amount of assurance could ease.

It wasn’t until they were reborn that the two men realized this punishment that destroyed the futures of so many innocent teenagers was only done to satisfy the selfish desires of the Huo father-son pair. What’s worse, after Huo PingChuan came into power, he and Ke CaiZhu joined hands and made a lot of money together at the expense of the school. How many more students had their futures destroyed because of this?

Lin Qian thought for a moment, but he eventually said: “It won’t be easy. Huo PingChuan wouldn’t dare be so reckless now. And there must be someone behind him. In order to not get implicated along with Huo PingChuan, this person will surely protect him.”

Zheng PingQing had been exposed to society for years now and knew its intricacies. Therefore, Zheng PingQing understood that they wouldn’t be able to expose this hidden person just by seizing an easily toppled grunt like Huo PingChuan.

“However…” Lin Qian used a finger to draw circles on Zheng PingQing’s abdomen. “It ultimately doesn’t matter that Huo PingChuan is being protected.”

“Let’s take stock of the situation first.” Zheng PingQing said to Lin Qian, his mood calm. He nonchalantly grasped the hand on his abdomen and said: “Anyway, I have a lot of money. If we need it, I can just throw some money around to keep the news in the trending pages.”

Lin Qian: “…Money can really let a person do whatever they want.”

The reason why this piece of news was able to ferment on the internet was largely thanks to Zheng PingQing’s strong financial support. He had bought out dozens of advertising spaces with a flick of the hand and managed to make it one of the top searches practically overnight. Zheng PingQing had also hired several people to post about it on several large forums continually, all to keep the momentum alive.

It was a good thing that the idea of buying out a website’s topmost searched page wasn’t a thing most websites did yet; otherwise, Lin Qian suspected that Zheng PingQing would’ve bought the top page of every single website he could think of.

“It’s not bad.” Zheng PingQing modestly said. “Advertising spaces are still very cheap at this point in time. I think the most expensive one I’ve bought was only 20,000 yuan.”

Although Lin Qian had mostly accepted the fact that Zheng PingQing was a second-generation rich boy, and that he was the boyfriend of said rich boy, Lin Qian still gets put off whenever he hears these special phrases that only rich people can say. He moved his head away from Zheng PingQing’s hand and said: “Can you please speak a little more simply, you senior high school student.”

“Alright.” Zheng PingQing immediately acquiesces, obedient to his boyfriend’s every command. But after just two minutes, he couldn’t help but ask for his boyfriend’s opinion: “But can you let me show off my wealth for another minute? Just for another minute!”

Lin Qian looked at Zheng PingQing’s aggrieved expression and sighed. He raised his wrist and pointed at his watch. “Just one minute. Starting now.”

Zheng PingQing immediately replied: “I took the opportunity to buy two ‘V‘ accounts with a lot of fans already. In the future, we can use them together.”