Chapter 69 - Two Families Meeting

After talking about contacting the Lin family, Zheng BuLu took his son to the study.

The father and son pair sat across from each other with the desk between them. They looked at each other for some time, with neither speaking to each other. The atmosphere was subtle for a while.

After who knows how long, Zheng BuLu sighed and spoke first. “YuJin’s reaction was a bit strange.”

Zheng PingQing replied with a slight smile: “Just a bit?”

Zheng BuLu had already gone through He YiJun’s past actions and was now very doubtful of her behavior. But He YiJun usually used soft knives, so despite the recent scrutiny, there was no new information that Zheng BuLu could use against her.

Many of her words could be interpreted in many different ways, and this made it very difficult for them to distinguish whether she did things deliberately, or just casually.

In the end, He YiJun had been with him for many years. In the absence of any practical evidence, Zheng BuLu was unwilling to speculate and deny all her hard-earned achievements.

But once the seeds of doubt were planted, they were difficult to remove.

Ever since that incident, Zheng BuLu began to overthink every sentence He YiJun said that involved Zheng PingQing. Of course, He Fei would inevitably be tortured at the same time.

He YiJun’s words were too vague and had no apparent meaning. It made Zheng BuLu uncertain.

But this time, things were different.

Zheng BuLu looked at his son with obvious meaning in his eyes.

Zheng PingQing looked back as he leaned on his chair, indifference in his posture.

He was waiting for Zheng BuLu to make up his mind.

The two eyed each other for a long while. In the end, it was Zheng BuLu who lost. He tapped his index finger on the table and asked: “YiJun, what did she do?”

Truthfully, even before He YiJun proposed that they invite Lin Qian’s family for the New Year, Zheng PingQing had already told Zheng BuLu about Lin Qian and Chen ShiYi. The two had already reached a consensus without He YiJun noticing.

Zheng PingQing had told Zheng BuLu not to tell He YiJun about Lin Qian and Chen ShiYi.

Zheng PingQing didn’t tell him why and instead told his father to simply wait and see.

It was only now that Zheng BuLu understood what his son wanted him to see.

“Now you know. I don’t care if you believe it or not, just don’t tell my mother any of this.”

Zheng PingQing stood up and left the study, leaving Zheng BuLu still a little confused.

Before today, Zheng BuLu had thought about the many different plans He YiJun might’ve imagined. Women had always been a little more cunning that the opposite sex, but Zheng BuLu was someone that dealt with all sorts of people in the business world. He thought himself a tolerant man.

Of course, as long as they didn’t touch his bottom line.

Unfortunately, his son was his most important bottom line.

After a long silence, Zheng BuLu picked up his phone and called a number. “Hello, He Fei?”

Meanwhile, He YiJun was running around the Zheng family home, frantically thinking about the measures she could take to deal with Chen ShiYi’s upcoming visit. Just as she was about to spiral, He YiJun turned and suddenly saw that her brother was back.