Chapter 76 - The Wife's Bankbook

“My dad’s going to break up with YiJun after the New Year. He says he doesn’t have the patience to continue to waste time with her.” Zheng PingQing mildly commented to Lin Qian.

Lin Qian paused. “He YiJun’s going to go crazy.”

In their last life, He YiJun practically destroyed Zheng PingQing’s family. When she married Zheng BuLu, she birthed him a son and schemed for her own son to inherit Zheng BuLu’s entire fortune. He YiJun’s country family also rode on her success and became well-known local-tycoons in her hometown.

He YiJun had endured all sorts of humiliation for the sake of her goals. If Zheng BuLu broke up with her now, it would be like a death sentence to her.

Zheng PingQing only mentioned this to Lin Qian in passing. Uncaring, he shrugged.

When Zheng PingQing first found out about He YiJun’s schemes, he had been furious. He thought back to the fights he had with Lin Qian, the pain and torture Zheng BuLu and Chen ShiYi experienced, and the chaotic ten years they all had to go through. After finding out that all this suffering was caused by He YiJun, he had the strong urge to strangle her with his own hands.

But now, they were transported back into the past. What was supposed to happen hadn’t happened yet.

For a woman like He YiJun, the best punishment was for her to watch everything she desired vanish before her eyes. The knowledge that she would be unable to get what she wanted in this lifetime would be the biggest slap in the face.

And Zheng BuLu was even helping them achieve this.

Zheng PingQing and Lin Qian would probably never meet He YiJun again. Her future, whether good or bad, no longer mattered.

It was more important that they keep their beloved by their side forever.

Lin Qian thought for a while, then said: “I think your father should check He Fei’s economic problems before he breaks up with her.”

Zheng PingQing immediately understood.

In their last life, when He YiJun married Zheng BuLu, she obtained a lot of wealth from the Zheng family. Her parents also rapidly rose in social standing. At the time, the young Zheng PingQing hadn’t been exposed to the workings of society yet, so he didn’t see the warning signs. Now that he was more mature, Zheng PingQing realized that their speedy rise in power may not be as simple as it looked.

Zheng PingQing moved a little closer to Lin Qian, then caressed his cheek. “My boyfriend is so smart and virtuous, ah.”

Just as Zheng PingQing was thinking of taking advantage of their closeness, a cough sounded from behind. The voice yawned, then asked: “Did you call me here to talk about the project, or did you just want me here to watch your displays of affection?”

Zheng PingQing looked back and saw Ke MuZi looking at them with dead fish eyes. Ke MuZi was wearing a plaid shirt, creased jeans, and had messy hair. He looked like he hadn’t slept in days.

It’s quite rare to see such a sloppy person out and about during the Spring Festival.

Zheng PingQing’s face became filled with black lines. “When did you arrive? Also, why didn’t you make any sound, ah?”

Ke MuZi’s dull and lifeless eyes stared back at Zheng PingQing. “I knocked when I came in, but you were too busy fondling Lin Qian to notice.”

Zheng PingQing was in no way ashamed. He even reached out to touch Lin Qian’s face again. He proudly said: “It’s useless. You can’t prevent the loving actions of a couple.”