Chapter 12 - Fighting Over Eggs

Hearing a crash, Zheng PingQing looked back only to see Dong MingEn on the ground, his face full of grief.

Zheng PingQing looked at him oddly. “Why are you on the ground?”

Dong MingEn stood back up and with his face grey and hands clenched into fists, whispered: “I was just careless.”

When Lin Qian arrived, he saw Dong MingEn and Lou XingGuang standing nearby. He smiled and said: “You two came to have breakfast too?”

Zheng PingQing immediately interrupted: “They were just leaving.”

He turned towards the two and tried to hint again: “Weren’t you two leaving?”

“Yeah.” Lou XingGuang started to drag Dong MingEn away as he replied: “Then we’ll be going first.”

Dong MingEn reluctantly allowed Lou XingGuang to drag him away, looking back as they slowly walked off.

“How can we just leave Boss like that?” Dong MingEn cried out.

“Don’t you get it?” Lou XingGuang’s voice was heavy with helplessness and unwillingness. “The Boss had been urging us to leave the entire time. I’m afraid it’s because he didn’t want us to see him at such a low point. Are you saying we should stay and watch him do such embarrassing things?”

Dong MingEn clenched his hands until the knuckles whitened: “How can Lin Qian torture Boss like this…he actually….made the Boss carry his bag for him!”

Zheng PingQing was the leader of Class 8 and is on top of the school hierarchy. But now he has to carry Lin Qian’s bag for him? Was there anything more humiliating than this?

As Dong MingEn thought of this, he felt so heartbroken that he couldn’t breathe.

“Lin Qian is so vicious!” Luo XingGuang gritted his teeth. As they walked, Dong MingEn suddenly grabbed his shoulder.

Dong MingEn’s voice trembled as he said: “Lin Qian is such a bully!!!!”

Lou XingGuang and Dong MingEn couldn’t help but look back. By chance, they happened to see Zheng PingQing taking his fried egg and placing it in Lin Qian’s cup. Lin Qian’s mouth curved as he began to dig in.

Luo XingGuang was stunned. He felt that this scene in front of him was somewhat difficult to understand, something way out of comprehension. His brain started to grasp some vague conclusions, but before he could fully form the idea, he was interrupted by Dong MingEn’s angry outburst.

“It’s not enough for him to force the Boss to buy him food, now he’s even stealing the Boss’ eggs!”

Luo XingGuang brain jolted and his vague thoughts scattered.

Seeing Dong MingEn look like he was about to rush back, Lou XingGuang pulled his friend back, saying: “Forget it, forget it!”

“But the Boss won’t be full without the eggs added to his noodles!” Dong MingEn was so angry his voice cracked.

Lou XingGuang gave him a look. “What do you think the Boss prefers? Be bullied by Lin Qian in front of us, or eat a little less?”

“Do you think, with the Boss’ personality, he’d be able to take being bullied by Lin Qian rather than just eating less?”

Dong MingEn: “….”

“Come on, don’t look anymore.” Lou XingGuang pulled him into the school building, leaving the painful scene behind.

It hadn’t been easy for Zheng PingQing to ditch all the light bulbs blocking his way, but now he could enjoy a long-awaited pink atmosphere. He handled Lin Qian’s breakfast carefully: He had meat, eggs, and milk- a sumptuous and complete meal. He soon realized that he was such a kind and sweet boyfriend.