Chapter Ch99.2 - Extra 6: A Small Episode During Entrepreneurship

Meanwhile, in his car, Yuan Jue couldn’t wait to open his laptop to start writing his evaluation report.

He YiJun was next to him, preparing some materials for his next meeting. Suddenly she commented: “I didn’t expect Shuttle Technology’s Lin Qian to be the Lin Qian that I knew. I thought they just coincidentally had the same name.”

Yuan Jue paused for a moment, then said: “By the way, YiJun, what kind of person is Lin Qian in private?”

He YiJun was a competent secretary who could always figure out what her boss wanted. This time was no different. Without declaring her position on the matter, she replied: “I don’t think I should say anything that could influence your judgment.”

“No, I want to talk about it. Lin Qian’s quite young, which gives him an advantage, but it also brings a lot of uncertainty. We’ve never cooperated with a university student before. I needed to know what kind of person he is.”

He YiJun decided to tell him the truth. “I haven’t had much contact with him. He’s a friend of my former boss’s son. I think his initial capital was also provided by my former employer.”

Yuan Jue nodded. He YiJun had always done and said things objectively, which was why he would sometimes ask for her opinion.

He YiJun declined to say anything else about Lin Qian’s past, and after she saw Yuan Jue’s attitude turn serious, she secretly sneered in her heart.

She didn’t know why Zheng BuLu suddenly broke up with her, but she could guess that it must have something to do with Lin Qian and Zheng PingQing. After breaking up with Zheng BuLu, her status in the Zheng family plummeted, and any backing they had given her disappeared overnight. He Fei had lost his job as the Zheng family secretary and could now only work in a small company. His salary was less than a third of his previous salary.

He YiJun fared a little better. In the first place, she had been able to gain Zheng BuLu’s trust due to her excellent professional abilities. When she left Zheng BuLu’s company, she was able to find a good job. However, without Zheng BuLu’s protection, it was impossible for her salary to be the same as before. Many people in the same trade knew that she had an affair with her former boss. As a secretary, this was a black mark in her record. In the end, she was left dissatisfied and would change jobs frequently.

Until last year, when she finally got hired by this investment firm. It wasn’t the best in the industry, but they were generous and had given He YiJun a salary that satisfied her. Afterward, she had tried her best to gain a firm foothold and win the trust of her boss.

She hadn’t expected to meet Lin Qian again, nor did she expect to see him on such an occasion.

He YiJun wasn’t bad at her work. After working with Yuan Jue for a while, she gained some understanding of how the industry worked. She knew that Lin Qian’s company was in dire need of money. In her short year as Yuan Jue’s secretary, she already understood how vital capital was to these kinds of start-ups, especially for internet-oriented enterprises. The internet was a money-burning industry. No matter how good your idea or product was, as long as you had no money, your company was likely to die at any moment.

In this business, companies go into liquidation every day.

“He’s brilliant. Although he’s just a sophomore, I think his ability should be good. Over time, he’ll definitely become a powerful person.” He YiJun said.

Yuan Jue replied: “I know that. What I want to know is his usual personality.”

He YiJun was silent for a moment, then she said: “I’m not too clear about that. He might’ve been a bit too impulsive in the past, but I think it should have little impact on this.”