Chapter 68 - Being a Villain is a Bad Idea

He Fei felt cold sweat drip down his back. Ever since they arrived at Rong City, Zheng BuLu had been scolding him non-stop.

Whenever he made a mistake in the company, Zheng BuLu would often turn a blind eye and only say a few words. But ever since they came in the city, Zheng BuLu had become some sort of evil tyrant, nitpicking and finding fault in his every move.

He Fei had no choice but to seek help from He YiJun. He was meant to go back to his hometown two days ago, but under Zheng BuLu’s heavy pressure, he didn’t dare leave. He had stayed nearby all this time.

He YiJun had later explained the reason for Zheng BuLu’s sudden irritation. He YiJun told her brother about her plans of pacifying Zheng BuLu, and after some thought, He Fei nodded along. After all, it wasn’t too big of a deal. According to his brother-in-law’s usual personality, He Fei figured that He YiJun would be able to pacify Zheng BuLu pretty quickly. But while Zheng BuLu didn’t pursue the matter, contrary to the siblings’ expectations, the man became more and more bad-tempered as time went on.

Starting two days ago, Zheng BuLu went looking for bones in eggs. He Fei got scolded for hours because ‘the new year’s gifts he had bought were bad.’ And things just escalated from there. He Fei thought it was bad enough that he had suddenly become the sole planner of their company’s new year arrangements. But this morning, Zheng BuLu unexpectedly marched up to him after he had gotten out of the toilet and actually said to him: ‘lazy people shit and pee too much.’

He Fei: ??????

He Fei felt seriously attacked.

“Big sister, I beg you. Please help me and talk to Brother Zheng! I’m dying.” He Fei’s face was haggard. He had spent the entire day in the bathroom, hiding from Zheng BuLu.

He YiJun’s expression was ugly. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to help He Fei, she just couldn’t understand the situation.

She had been very confused these past few days. She really couldn’t tell if Zheng BuLu was actually unsatisfied with He Fei, or if he was angry at her and was taking it out on her brother.

Generally speaking, He Fei hadn’t done anything different than usual. Zheng BuLu had no reason to suddenly nitpick at her brother’s every move. So one could assume that this sudden resentment was because of her. But Zheng BuLu was acting normal towards her.

He YiJun rubbed her temple. “What do you want me to say? ‘Please stop abusing my brother?\'”

He Fei mumbled: “…I wouldn’t dare ask that of you.”

He Fei thought for a moment, then said: “Big sister, why don’t I go home tomorrow? It’ll be New Year’s Eve in two days. I should really go back and help out.”

He YiJun glared at him. “Don’t you understand how serious the situation is? Are family matters more important, or is the Zheng family more important? Do you know how many people would kill to even have one conversation with Old Zheng? Why aren’t you making the most of this special chance I’ve given you?!”

“It’s not my fault! I’ve been trying my hardest, ah!” He Fei cried out.

He YiJun: “….”

He YiJun did her best not to roll her eyes. “If you want to go back, you go talk to him.”

He Fei shook his head. It would just be another reason for Zheng BuLu to abuse him some more.

After a brief silence, He Fei trained his gaze towards the wall as he carefully asked: “Big sister, don’t you have a lot of sway towards Brother Zheng? You can help me say a few flattering words…”