•1• To Forget

Updated version 🤍
•••••

Dave

Hearing my phone buzz on the nightstand beside me, I groaned as I shifted in my sleep. I tossed and tried to continue sleeping but that didn't help seeing that it continued going off. I sighed heavily before picking up my phone and answering sleepily.

"Wass-"

"Where's my mama, Dave?" Kierra asked demandingly interrupting me.

"What?" I asked.

"I said where my mama at? I've been blowing up her phone and leaving text messages but to no avail. Where is she?"

"Yo, Ki calm allat down. She right here beside m- I stopped my sentence as I opened my eyes fully and saw her side of the bed empty.

"Mhm, she's where Dave? Where is she " Kierra asked.

Sitting up, I looked around to see that the house was deathly silent. I knew that Karen wasn't here and by the coldness on her side of the bed I knew she hadn't been here for awhile.

"Dave, what's going on? You're a little too quiet for my liking. Where is my mother?" Kierra asked.

"Let me call you back Ki. I got a weird feeling." I said.

'What is it?"

"Let me call you back." I repeated.

"Alright, but if you don't call me back in the next thirty minutes I'm coming to your house and I mean it." Kierra said.

I ended my call with Kierra then called Karen. She didn't answer which made me call her phone again only for it to go to voicemail. Seeing that she wasn't answering I called Dorinda then Jacky only to get the same outcome.

'Mane, what the fuck going on?" I said, getting out of bed.

Scratching my head, I got out of bed and started putting on clothes. After I finished getting ready my phone rang and I answered it seeing that it was Twinkie.

"Twink, what's going on? I'm calling all the sisters and ain't getting no response what the fuc-"

"Dave, get to the hospital right now. There's been an incident." That was all she said before hanging up.

Grabbing my keys, I headed out the door. I hopped in my whip, turned on the emergency lights, and sped down the road to the hospital.

"I have to go to my grandmother's house. I have to end this." Karen's words echoed in my head.

Shaking my head no, I prayed to God that this wasn't what I thought it was. As I got to the hospital I parked quickly then got out. I sped walked inside the hospital bypassing the nurse at the front of the receptionist desk and all the doctors.

"Sir, you can't go back there! Sir!" The nurse yelled.

"Bruh, my wife back here move the fuck out my way!" I yelled.

As soon as I said that I stopped dead in my tracks hearing a scream that sounded a lot like Karen's.

"NOOOO! NO, NO, NO! GOD, PLEASE NO!" Karen screamed.

"I'm sorry for your loss." The doctor said before walking out the room.

Feeling tears come to my eyes they ran down my face as Dorinda pulled Karen into a tearful hug. I moved past the nurse and walked into the room.

"So my words don't mean shit to you, huh?" I asked, walking into the room with tears in my eyes.

Standing up, Jacky put her hands up to block me from getting to Karen.