•2• Damaged Goods

Time is not something you waste, do you hear it ticking? — J Amour
•••••••

Karen

Once Dave left I sank down to the floor in tears. I pulled my knees up to my chest as I cried into them. It felt as though I would have another mental breakdown. Hearing walking come into the room, I heard Kendasha and Khari come into the room with me. Khari got down on her knees beside me as she put her hand on my back. 

"Mama? A-Are you okay?" Khari asked.

Seeing that I was in complete tears and wouldn't say anything Khari looked at Kendasha with tears in her eyes. 

"Kenny, w-what do I do? I don't like seeing her like this." 

"Let me try." Kendasha said, walking closer to me. 

She placed her hand on my face as she began talking to me. 

"Mom? Did daddy do something wrong? Was it Arya? What happened?" 

I didn't say anything instead I put my face deeper into my knees as I sobbed. Kendasha rubbed my back softly before pulling out her phone. She looked at Khari who had tears down her face seeing me in the state that I was in. 

"Shhh, Khari. It's going to be okay. Mama is going to be just fine. I'm going to get her some help." Kendasha assured. 

There was silence for a few moments before Kendasha began talking on her phone. 

"Hi, Auntie Doe. Do you mind coming over to mama's house? Can you bring Auntie Jac and Aunt Twinkie with you too? Yes ma'am, thank you." Kendasha said, before ending the call. 

She then put her hand on the bottom of her stomach as she got down on the floor with me and Khari. She pulled me into her arms and held me as Khari held my hand. We stayed here just like this the entire time as we waited for my sisters to get here and I sobbed uncontrollably. After a few moments I heard the doorbell ring. They didn't have to wait for someone to answer the door given the fact that they all had keys to the house. Dorinda was the first one to come in with Jacky and Twinkie following in behind her. As soon as Dorinda saw me she sighed as she looked at me. 

"What the hell done happened now? Who did this to her?" Dorinda asked.

I stayed completely quiet as I sobbed silently and Kendasha continued holding me. Khari looked at them with tears in her eyes as she started crying. 

"Aunties, I'm scared. What if mama gets suicidal again? I don't want her to die. Kenny, this was a bad idea. We should have never let her get back with daddy. Kierra and Kiyomi were right." Khari cried. 

Twinkie went came over and hugged Khari as she stood up and cried in her arms. 

"That damn Dave. He was here? I should have known that this has something to do with that bastard. What was he doing here?" Dorinda asked. 

"Mama invited him over. He wanted to see the triplets so she let him. She ended up leaving the table because she started crying. Arya went after her and so did he. I'm not sure what happened after that, but I heard mama yelling at him and the next thing I know she told him to get out. That's when Khari and I came in here and found her like this. She's been like this ever since." Kendasha explained. 

I began breathing abnormally as I grabbed my chest and started hyperventilating. 

"What's happening? Oh my God!" Kendasha panicked. 

"She's having an anxiety attack. Let me have her." Jacky said, taking me out of Kendasha's arms

Jacky held my hands as she looked into my eyes and spoke to me calmly.